I have a Blackberry Torch which doesn't allow me to update or restore the device. When I start the phone up I get "Uncaught exception:ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x3bc6259193 b4b87c)time out, followed by a next message of "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException, and another message of "Uncaught exception:ApplicationRegistry.waitFor (0x79a47873b7e8b4e0) time out, and a last message of "Uncaught exception:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException. I have tried updating the device through Blackberry Desktop Manager and use BBSAK to upload a new OS. Both these methods don't allow me to update/restore the OS. Any tips or hints or is this phone useless?

Thanks!
    06-20-11 05:01 PM
    try directly opening the apploader and update or wipe from there.
    06-20-11 06:05 PM
    Sounds like the OS on the phone might be corrupt. Uninstall the BlackBerry Device Software from your PC (since it might be corrupt too), delete it from your dowloads folder, and reboot your PC. D/L and install 6.0.0.546 or your OS of choice on your PC. Then use App Loader or BBSAK to load the OS on your phone. You don't have to wait for the phone to completely boot before loading the OS. Start the process when the progress bar shows the phone is about 5% done booting.

Edit: in fact most times the phone doesn't even need to be on, it just needs the battery in it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by hubermania; 06-20-11 at 10:42 PM.
    06-20-11 10:40 PM
    Sounds like the OS on the phone might be corrupt. Uninstall the BlackBerry Device Software from your PC (since it might be corrupt too), delete it from your dowloads folder, and reboot your PC. D/L and install 6.0.0.546 or your OS of choice on your PC. Then use App Loader or BBSAK to load the OS on your phone. You don't have to wait for the phone to completely boot before loading the OS. Start the process when the progress bar shows the phone is about 5% done booting.

Edit: in fact most times the phone doesn't even need to be on, it just needs the battery in it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Still no luck, I get the same message of the application loader could not connect to your bb device try disconnecting your device and wait for 10 seconds, turn off power management settings on your computer, connect device directly to USB port, click retry. The update/restore get stuck at the point where it's connecting to boot ROM. Once in awhile I get App Error 602 Ribbon process died but it goes away from a battery pull.
    06-21-11 01:02 AM
    Update: Completely wiped the OS on the Torch with JL_Cmder but no luck installing the OS. Always gets stuck at "connected to boot ROM", I already tried doing a complete of things, BBSAK, AppLoader, BB DM update, and nothing seems to work. Any other tips?

Thanks
    06-23-11 12:11 AM
    are you using BDM latest 6.1.0.35? uninstall it and install previous version 6.1.0.20 or any version. while uninstalling, delete all saved OS and info. From registry editor, find and del all entries "Research in Motion". Reinstall BDM and OS. Hope, you will succeed. alternatively, if you have access of another laptop/desktop, do OS installation from that.
    I too had the similar problem last week with my torch so the moment I did it from another laptop, it was done thru.
    06-23-11 12:37 AM
    Try BB Boss.. it has lots of functions to load/shrink os/wipe/backup/factory-reset, basically to modify our devices. The app is currently on its 2.2 version, available here at CB. Best wishes to you...
    06-27-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD