Hi, i've had my torch for a while now, and it's suddenly been 'nuked'. i don't know how to fix it. i've been on loads of forums and i've went through the tutorials here, and i have tried reloading the OS on the phone but, when trying it gets to "reconnecting JMV" and then comes up with the message "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please reconnect your device, enter password, if required, and click retry." i have done all these things, no password came up. I have reconnected the phone with and without the battery and still no luck, if anyone could help this would be amazing! i need all the help i can get right now. thanks!
    03-30-11 07:18 PM
    Hi, i've had my torch for a while now, and it's suddenly been 'nuked'. i don't know how to fix it. i've been on loads of forums and i've went through the tutorials here, and i have tried reloading the OS on the phone but, when trying it gets to "reconnecting JMV" and then comes up with the message "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please reconnect your device, enter password, if required, and click retry." i have done all these things, no password came up. I have reconnected the phone with and without the battery and still no luck, if anyone could help this would be amazing! i need all the help i can get right now. thanks!
    Do you have bb desktop running when you try this? I have seen some people forget to turn that off when they are using application loader. If you have both on it will not work. Also if I remember right you are able to start the phone, as it is booting up you can get the app loader to recognize it. Its a long shot but may work for you.

Good luck
    03-30-11 07:36 PM
    no i haven't got desktop running when i'm doing this, i've also tried doing it through cmd prompt, by loading the apploader with loader.exe/nojmv but this doesn't do anything either!? i'm still getting the connection promt!
    03-30-11 07:53 PM
    Have you looked into using bbsak (www.bbsak.org) to wipe and then load the devise OS instead of desktop manager/app loader?
    03-30-11 09:12 PM
    yeah i did, but it won't locate the device? everytime i try and connect it, it comes back with "device not found?"
    03-30-11 09:38 PM
    I will asume you checked here- http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/ but just a thought...

Good Luck
    03-30-11 09:51 PM
    thanks! gonna try this just now!
    03-30-11 11:06 PM
    Also try a different micro USB cable. I used the one I got with my Torch when I upgraded to the .337 build ages ago and it failed a couple of times. The phone was randomly disconnecting while the upgrade was running. As soon as I swapped to another cable that I had from a previous phone, it worked flawlessly!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 11:16 PM
    now the apploader won't find the os on my computer, so i can't even attempt an update?
    03-31-11 01:01 AM
    Did you install the os on your computer? Made sure there is no other os installed? Do you have any led light activity from your torch?

03-31-11 02:15 AM
    it is installed on my computer, i've installed it three times to make sure. and yeah, everytime i connect the phone the LED will show up for about, 5 to 10 seconds and then go off again. i seriously do not know what to do now. i have exhausted all my options.
    03-31-11 02:30 AM
    Is the LED red? If so, your phone may be bricked and have to be sent in. As far as I know, the red LED flashes when the screen is off/black, = not good.
    03-31-11 10:18 AM
    Is the LED red? If so, your phone may be bricked and have to be sent in. As far as I know, the red LED flashes when the screen is off/black, = not good.
    IF this is my problem I should take it to a service center so they fix it? I've been doing all the tutorials to recover a dead-nuke-bricked bb and none of the work, when the phone just dont reboot, the connection get lost and loader send an error.

Regards
    07-05-11 12:26 PM
    I would recommend uninstalling/reinstalling anything to do with reloading your OS. If you are running Win7, install everything in compatibility mode with WindowsXP SP2 and Run as Admin. Also, run the programs with the same settings.
    07-05-11 12:30 PM
    For bbsak try turning user account control off but remember to turn it back on when you're done.

If technerds process does not work try uninstalling desktop manager and then google for ccleaner, download it, install it and run the cleaner and the registry cleaner (make a backup of the registry first, it will ask if you want to) then reboot. Run ccleaner again. Download desktop manager again and install, reboot and try again.
    07-05-11 12:48 PM
    I don't think your device is nuked. Like others have said, you may need to uninstall everything you'll need to use to get you blackberry back up and running. Restart your computer, then go through reinstalling the programs.

Also, is the computer able to install your blackberry drivers once your blackberry is connected9

07-05-11 01:12 PM
    Hey, I'm having the exact same problem as this guy. And yes, my driver software installs successfully when I plug my phone via USB.

When you say re-install the programs, what do you mean? Which programs?
    07-19-11 07:11 PM
    Desktop manager and the OS for your phone.
    07-19-11 08:07 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone ever resolved this issue. Did reinstalling DM and the OS work? I just did a fresh install of both (neither have been installed on this PC before), so I don't know if that's the issue.

Last night, the screen went dead and the keyboard was lit-up, so I pulled the battery. After that, the red light would be solid, then go off, then on again. And nothing would appear on the screen.

I tried the following tutorial http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ge=14#comments with no luck.

It gets past the first stage, “Load JVM and system software”.

However, on the second stage, “Wait for device initialization”, it fails when trying to reconnect to the JVM, and the following error appears “Application Loader was unable to connect to your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, …”

Any ideas what could be wrong? Could this be a hardware issue and not something that is recoverable?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
    Vithulan L Nathan likes this.
    12-14-11 09:27 AM
    I'm wondering if anyone ever resolved this issue. Did reinstalling DM and the OS work? I just did a fresh install of both (neither have been installed on this PC before), so I don't know if that's the issue.

Last night, the screen went dead and the keyboard was lit-up, so I pulled the battery. After that, the red light would be solid, then go off, then on again. And nothing would appear on the screen.

I tried the following tutorial http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ge=14#comments with no luck.

It gets past the first stage, �Load JVM and system software�.

However, on the second stage, �Wait for device initialization�, it fails when trying to reconnect to the JVM, and the following error appears �Application Loader was unable to connect to your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, ��

Any ideas what could be wrong? Could this be a hardware issue and not something that is recoverable?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
    I had this issue with my 9300.. Actually went out and bought a new one.. Then thought.. Let's give another pc a go.. So loaded bbsak and the OS I wanted to install on to my brother in law's note pad( not even a propper pc for crying out load) and it loaded everything perfect.. So my wife got an early birthday prezzy.. So my advice to you is.. Try a different pc, different USB cable.. And please know exactly what ya need to do.. And if that doesn't work.. Well.. Pay ppl to fix it.. Lol.. Best of luck
    12-15-11 02:54 AM
    i also have this problem! even a new software nublinks fx cannot fix my torch .....connect/disconnect sound ... i stoped working on it because i ws getting insane
    12-26-14 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD