... I've never had a blackberry that came with a case. ...
    My Storm and Storm 2 both came with cases.

- R.
    08-17-10 03:00 PM
    ... every little issue will be corrected by BB as opposed to Apple ...
    Can't speak to Apple, but as a Storm and Storm 2 owner, I can testify you're a little gullible if you believe RIM will correct every little issue on the Torch.

- R.
    08-17-10 03:03 PM
    Describe what you did to make the phone lag. I have only had a problem going from locked to the camera. The buzz has been fixed with the new update and my batt is still 3/4 charged after 12 hours. (of course I dimmed the screen to 30, still couldnt tell a difference easily visable, and I manage my connections wireless on all day, network on all day and bluetooth on very little.

As far as the weight is concerned ..... I like the feel , seems well built perhaps you should get a light weight blue tooth. Something to think about.
    08-18-10 12:05 AM
    it's almost a week and i'm still enjoying the phone..
    i haven't updated to the latest OS but so far zero issues.
    it is well built.. i don't mind the heaviness. for me it's just right.
    and the battery lasted me 56 hrs on one charge
    08-18-10 12:13 AM
    Hi All:

A few hours ago, I purchased the 9800 from an ATT store. Connected to my office's BES flawlessly. The hone has a good build, feels sturdy, but honestly it has some serious problems/drawbacks:

1) It comes without Carrying Case. For example, my previous Bold 9000 and Bold 9700 from ATT, came with belt clip cases. None on the 9800.

2) No Wall Charger. Now it was a USB adapter to use the supplied USB Cable.

3) Clunky and slow Web Browsing (A little faster on Wi-Fi). When moving around the web page, the movement gets clunky most of the time, including zoom in and zoom out.

4) Browsing on the main Desktop, gets clunky when more icons are present.

5) The back of the unit gets very hot when in use.

6) Battery life is similar to the Storm 2. (Average compared to the Bold 9700)

7) Speaker Volume to low.

I'm sure Ill find some more stuff, however, I don't think Ill find out, since I'm returning it today or tomorrow.

I think many of the problems the phone has can be solved with better battery management, bigger battery and mainly a faster CPU/GPU.

Everett

I don't think a bigger battery and a faster cpu/gpu is going to fix most of these things you listed like the wall charger and/or how hot it gets (it'll probably get even hotter!) but battery management however that is achieved could possibly help but electronics get hot and Im not sure how hot this thing gets but surely its livable. you did have a blackberry previous to this like a 9700 or similar?

Clunky and slow Web Browsing (A little faster on Wi-Fi). When moving around the web page, the movement gets clunky most of the time, including zoom in and zoom out.
    this could possibly be solved by a faster cpu, more ram and possibly a gpu but i'd be quite interested to see this running on a 9700 and to see whether or not this clunky slow web browsing is due to the software and not the hardware inside. Slow web browsing is due to your network and not your phone - It's amazing how many people knock a phone down a tad because they feel slow internet has something to do with the phone. Unless the aerial is POS then the rest of the components aren't going to get www.crackberry.com up any quicker!!!!!!!!!

I believe in time you'll see the browser optimised even further, it is, after all a new operating system integrated with a new webkit browser! These may sound like excuses but I don't think its far-fetched either. Its all assumptions until we see this software running on newer hardware because the advantages may be little to no benefit!

all your other points dont really sum up why this phone isn't good. Does your phone calls drop out or sound fuzzy. If thats the case, then its blood useless phone and I'll agree with you.
    08-18-10 12:25 AM
    I'm having none of the issues mentioned.
    There were wall chargers in our boxes. Cases would have been nice but...meh....not a big deal. Battery life slightly less than my 9700, but nothing major, still get a day and half.
    Life with my 9800 is GOOD!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 03:47 AM
    After about 3 days I have seen some issues with my AT&T 9800:

1: 5-7 second delay activating apps after the device is unlocked. Tap and wait...

2: After entering the right password using the touch screen was told the password was incorrect. Repeated this several times.

3: My device is having some phone issues related to the earpiece. I've already ordered a replacement from AT&T.

4: Battery life is not that great.
    08-19-10 06:00 PM
    After about 3 days I have seen some issues with my AT&T 9800:

1: 5-7 second delay activating apps after the device is unlocked. Tap and wait...

2: After entering the right password using the touch screen was told the password was incorrect. Repeated this several times.

3: My device is having some phone issues related to the earpiece. I've already ordered a replacement from AT&T.

4: Battery life is not that great.
    1. I rebooted my Torch and no longer have a delay when activating after unlock.

Everything else sounds like you may have a defective phone. Hope your replacement solves the other issues.
    08-19-10 06:22 PM
    Clunky and slow web browsing? Have you ever used the 5.x and previous web browsers? The Torch's screams in comparison. Overall, I find it speedy on my 3G and WiFi.
    08-19-10 06:34 PM
    Yeah the web browsing is good...everything is good. Where are all the people who love there BB Torches??? Man some of these posts sound like people ate some haterberrys.
    08-19-10 06:48 PM
    I agree, web surfing is a lot better than the previous BB's I have used. Very happy with that aspect.
    08-19-10 06:59 PM
    You really shouldn't be allowed to comment here. #1 if you can't tell the difference between 3G and Edge then you are far behind the times. #2 O course you're going to get better battery life. Keeping a phone on edge as opposed to 3G conserves battery life. #3 since when has RIM shown it's customers any love by correcting problems with their phones. I'm not promotingl Apple in any way, but the antenna issue was blown WAY out of proportion simply because they have the #1 phone.

The argument that Torch does great at messenging is lame. It's supposed to, isn't that what Blackberry's are for? I think why a lot of people are upset is because they were expecting MORE from RIM, and not all these headaches that a lot of people are experincing.

Are you for real? I said for what I used it for I do not miss the 3G. I manage ove 100 BlackBerries and 5 BES servers. I have experience with every BlackBerry hands on because I manage it.

So, go and flame someone else you ****.

I just posted this on the 9800 on edge. I see a difference in the loading time. But not enough to kill me. I don't browse the internet too much on the phone, I have many other devices that do that. Besides, I am mostly on UMA throught the day in the office and when I get home.

08-19-10 07:31 PM

- R.
    I got two storms through Verizon and neither came with a case or any free accsesories too. I got mine in Jan so not long after they were intially released.

08-19-10 08:01 PM
    Come to think of it I don't believe I even got a cloth cleaner either I. My storm boxes..... I don't think it is rim's fault for not providing a case. Complain to the carrier. Most realize the economy is bad so why give you free accesorries when they know you're going to need them. My storms did come with a screen protector though. Got the 9800 today and not seeing it but probably because it would cost rim probably less than a dollar to put one on after manufacturing. Att figured skip it they will pay 15 dollars for one

08-19-10 08:07 PM

- R.
    So you should be able to use them on the Torch since's it's about the same dimensions? My belt holser from my Storm fit perfectly.
    Last edited by Gluehorse; 08-23-10 at 12:46 PM.
    08-22-10 12:30 AM
    Lol at the delusional ones making excuses for the 9800. There is no denying the device is 2-3 years behind.
    Deny what you wish. The Torch OS 6 can do things that iPhone can't do, or is only now starting to come out with on their latest version like message funnel, multitasking, and a lot more. If you dive into the Crackberry review, you will relalize that the Torch OS 6 is a very serious tool, quite adaptable, and a lot more powerful than the Storm. The best feature I like is the hard track cursor, which of course iPhone or Droid doesn't have. It's amazing how much faster I can navigate both in tandem.

This phone is kick ***. The apps will come. If you like playing games with your phone, drinking virtual beer, gazing at a compass, and other stuff, then you'll have more fun with other smartphones. If you are serious about communication, scheduling, logging, memos, task, contact management, then you can't beat this phone and don't forget the secure server that BB has. I took the Storm through its paces for almost two years. The 9800 is amazingly a leap ahead in capability. I'm a businessman, and this is the best BB tool ever!
    Last edited by Gluehorse; 08-23-10 at 12:46 PM.
    08-22-10 12:46 AM
    haha, first you're auto mad he doesn't like a BB, and then second you have to be smart to use one.

Fanboy.
    Why would you even post here?
    You're evidently just here to insult Blackberry users and call them fanboys. If you have nothing better to do, get out and go back to whatever it is morons do these days.
    Play with an iPhone or something.
    08-22-10 01:26 AM
    I dont think many will like their Torch the first use or hour, but after a couple of hours you WILL BE ADDICTED!
    08-22-10 02:42 AM
    I use a factory 8310 sleeve to store my Torch in and it fits great.

08-22-10 03:26 AM

- R.
    You must be special, mine didn't <g> and I got a home charger not a car charger. Those have always been additional purchases for any phone we've ever gotten in my recollection.
    08-22-10 05:04 AM
    I dont think many will like their Torch the first use or hour, but after a couple of hours you WILL BE ADDICTED!
    For *anyone* who buys a new phone, *no matter what the phone* there is a learning curve. I think some people tend to complain first when their selected phone doesn't do as they think it should or how they're used to doing things to rather than finding out how it *does* work. Even if you're upgrading BB to BB or Droid to Droid there are going to be differences in the phones. I'm guilty of doing this myself sometimes.
    08-22-10 05:30 AM
    Hmmm, thought just came to mind ... if you get a phone "elsewhere" than your phone provider and get an unlock key somewhere and unlock it, the way I understand it you may not be able to access (properly?) all features of a phone. Perhaps this has something to do with some people's issues? They might not have the issues if they got their phones thru their provider? Is this a possibility?
    08-22-10 05:34 AM
    there's a trend in any forums..
    and i see this everywhere.. even at Macrumors.com
    include something "negative" on your title... and it will get TRAFFIC.
    post something like Not good, it's bad, lemon, POS, crap.. etc etc etc..
    while
    the one who posted "i'm very happy with my device" gets about 1-2 replies.
    08-22-10 05:40 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD