I just got my new Blackberry Torch 9800 a few days ago. By mistake I switched the language to Spanish, and when I switched it back to English (US), I got a symbol on the top right hand corner of my screen: "EN". It's annoying the **** out of me and I really want to get rid of it. I've researched how, and everyone says to look for your Language Switcher or Language ID under Language and Imput -> Language. I can't find any of that. Please help!
    01-25-11 09:00 PM
    It means that you are using the ENglish input on the screen. (As you know)

You can connect to desktop manager and remove the languages you are not using and it will go away.

As long as you have more than one language installed it will show up.
    lenamgh likes this.
    01-25-11 09:01 PM
    Simple, remove the other languages and you won't see that. That's what I did, no biggie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 09:17 PM
    I just got my new Blackberry Torch 9800 a few days ago. By mistake I switched the language to Spanish, and when I switched it back to English (US), I got a symbol on the top right hand corner of my screen: "EN". It's annoying the **** out of me and I really want to get rid of it. I've researched how, and everyone says to look for your Language Switcher or Language ID under Language and Imput -> Language. I can't find any of that. Please help!
    ^ What he said. But gosh, you have a new Torch. Why worry yourself over a little EN symbol?
    01-25-11 09:23 PM
    ^ What he said. But gosh, you have a new Torch. Why worry yourself over a little EN symbol?
    It's not like it's going to burn your finger.

01-25-11 09:25 PM
    Its annoying... I hate it on mine when i forget to shrink out a language.
    01-25-11 09:40 PM
    Lol yeah I have a new torch and it's great, but that EN symbol is killing me!!! But thanks guys, I'll try it.
    01-26-11 12:17 PM
    Lol yeah I have a new torch and it's great, but that EN symbol is killing me!!! But thanks guys, I'll try it.

Its on my phone too, and its so annoying. I deleted all other languages, only english is left. I've done all these steps too and the en still is there?!

02-25-11 02:41 PM
    options>typing and input>language>display icon=off
    02-26-11 10:16 AM
    Go to options- then typing and input- then language-go down to language switcher-where it says display icon click hide.
    Hope this helped (:

05-08-11 12:29 PM
    Another EN thread that should be made into one sticky.
    08-24-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD