I just switched my phone 2 days ago from a non-smartphone with no data plan. Then, I unlocked my blackberry. I thought that if I only use the wi-fi on my blackberry I would never have to pay for the data plan and so i did that. However, yesterday i received a message from BB says that I needed a data plan for the smartphone and without even asking, I automatically had to pay for it. I understand paying the data plan this month but can it be changed? So what i am really asking here is:

Is there any way AT ALL that I don't have to pay for the next month's data plan since I only plan on using the Wi-Fi at all times.

THANK-YOU FOR READING!
    10-24-12 04:34 PM
    You can try entering your carrier's APN, but I doubt it will work. Sometime during/after OS5, BBs started requiring a BIS plan for internet.
    10-24-12 05:03 PM
    What carrier?
    What country?
    10-24-12 05:53 PM
    You don't mention who your carrier is, but many, like AT&T, require a data plan with a smartphone. They do system sweeps to see if phones on their network are smartohones or not - they can tell. AT&T will peg you with the most expensive plan they offer (or, at least they used to). You can drop it down to a cheaper plan, but you can't get rid of it. Once they found you, you're done.
    10-24-12 05:55 PM