Hello.

I have a Canadian (from cell provider Rogers) Blackberry Torch 9800. I haven't used it in ages but recently needed it as a backup phone. We still have quite the 3G infrasture in my area so it works well. I just noticed something and wanted to check to see if this is normal behaviour. I sometimes get 3G and 3g, taking note of the lower case letter g. Is that normal? Please comment. Thanks!
    09-12-18 09:23 PM
    Hello.

I have a Canadian (from cell provider Rogers) Blackberry Torch 9800. I haven't used it in ages but recently needed it as a backup phone. We still have quite the 3G infrasture in my area so it works well. I just noticed something and wanted to check to see if this is normal behaviour. I sometimes get 3G and 3g, taking note of the lower case letter g. Is that normal? Please comment. Thanks!
    If I recall, a lower case network type usually means you lost the data connection. You still have cellular voice, but not data.

See if you also notice the 4-dot BlackBerry logo is gone too, meaning loss of BIS.

At least that's what it used to mean.

Could be the carrier is having issues in your area.
    09-12-18 09:32 PM
    If I recall, a lower case network type usually means you lost the data connection. You still have cellular voice, but not data.

See if you also notice the 4-dot BlackBerry logo is gone too, meaning loss of BIS.

At least that's what it used to mean.

Could be the carrier is having issues in your area.
    ahh interesting! This sim in place is currently a voice only plan. Pretty certain when I reset the phone or battery pull, it goes from 3G to 3g after a x number of hours.
    09-12-18 09:34 PM