Anyone using this to backup there 9800? If so can anyone tell me how to backup the phone itself. I have backup'd my 3rd party apps but don't see where to backup the phone OS and everything necessary for a possible future restore. Anybody help me out?
    01-25-12 09:25 AM
    BBSAK only backs up 3rd party apps. If you use Desktop Manager and BBSAK together, you will have everything you need to completely restore your BB. You will have to re-do your 3rd party apps settings, but most 3rd party apps have the option to save settings to the SD card, which is pretty sweet.
    01-25-12 09:53 AM
    jbarbero is right. Take a minute to go through your apps and backup any you can to your SD. You'll still need to re-activate many, which is a pain, but at least you won't need to adjust your settings again. That's a big time saver for custom settings in apps like BeBuzz and BerryWeather. Also save your BBM contacts to your card or remotely.
    01-25-12 03:43 PM
    So, if you're already bricked, and reinstalling, BBSAK will save third party apps and the data from those, but not data from MemoPad, contacts, etc? That's most vexing, because I was hoping that either the AppLoader back up would catch these, or a "Backup Apps" or "Dump Phone" with SAK would. (Or else that the install itself would preserve them, as seemed to happen previously.) If none of these store those, it seems I'm out of luck. (Well, I did have a not-especially-recent DataBackup, so not as bad as it could have been.)
    01-14-14 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD