I can say with 100% certainty that there is a Blackberry slider with a 5mp camera running on a GSM network. It will be released on AT&T but wasn't given an estimate as to when but the phone was fully operational! My friend got to have a couple minutes with it and he reported the touch screen being "iphone like". He said it had good wait and felt comfortable in his hand. He mentioned that it felt solid and he needed both thumbs to operate the slide. The touch screen works when the keyboard is open or closed. I asked him if there was a touchscreen keyboard but he didn't check. My friend immediately pulled out his Bold to snap a picture but was politely told no way because the phone was engraved with numbers that would identify the source. I realize that this post will probably be challenged since there are no pics and I don't post a lot but I am an avid CB follower with a rare opportunity to contribute.
    03-27-10 01:29 PM
    A couple more little things. The screen was a hard screen, definitely not sure press. The software looked updated and the browser is "getting a major update". Hopefully that means web kit. I can't wait to get one of these!!
    03-27-10 02:18 PM
    When it was first leaked I thought it was a horrible idea. It hs definitely grown on my though. It sounds very promising from how you describe it peteg! Two other thigs I am curious about is the screen resolution- hopefully an upgrade and thinness. I have seen the leaked pictures and it looks like it will be fine. I just worry that it will be bulky since it is a slider. I am sooo glad at&t is finally getting a full touchscreen BB- and I am thrilled it sounds like it won't be surepress! Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to this more and more!
    03-27-10 06:53 PM
    IDK. you'r right about people not believing you. Well half of that info we already know. But We'll.. at least I'll take it with a grain of salt.. How did your friend get the phone in the first place?
    03-27-10 07:41 PM
    interesting... But post without references are hard to believe...
    03-27-10 07:49 PM
    As far as I knew no one had reported on an actual live unit fully functional so that was my motivation for posting. I was also excited to find that it had a 5 MP camera because there was a lot of speculation as to whether or not it was going to have the 3.2 MP camera. As far as my friends source all I can really say is that he/she is very much a RIM insider and has always had pre-release units but this is the first time that there really hasn't been a lot of information readily available on one, hence my post.
    03-27-10 07:52 PM
    well do it even have a front facing camera
    03-27-10 11:56 PM
    well do it even have a front facing camera
    There was never any indication that it would have one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 05:26 AM
    The camera is still on the back like most other BB's but at least its a step up from the current 3.2 MP available now.
    03-28-10 09:18 AM
    5mp. Its about time. (If it is fact) a step up and a step in the right direction.

03-28-10 09:32 AM
    it not a step up when most of the phone this summer coming out our (HTC evo 8mp, front facing, gaxlaxy S 5mp with a front facing but have a 1g) pushing the envolope. Those are just to name a few to name.
    03-28-10 10:22 AM
    We would all like some pictures of this running.
    03-28-10 10:31 AM
    it not a step up when most of the phone this summer coming out our (HTC evo 8mp, front facing, gaxlaxy S 5mp with a front facing but have a 1g) pushing the envolope. Those are just to name a few to name.
    You're so disillusioned. Everyone who thinks More megapixels = better pictures should read this -> The myth of maximum megapixels_
    03-28-10 12:17 PM
    You're so disillusioned. Everyone who thinks More megapixels = better pictures should read this -> The myth of maximum megapixels_
    no dummy SPECS speak for themselves
    03-28-10 12:22 PM
    Wow! vizion33 is a beast.

03-28-10 01:11 PM
    thank you for posting that. ive been reading through posts and was actually gonna post a slight rager in a min lol
    03-28-10 02:28 PM
    yeah not sure why everyone gets a hard on for more megapixels on a camera phone with a crappy lens
    03-28-10 03:37 PM
    03-28-10 03:55 PM
    This slider is started to sound pretty badazz. I'm not a slider person but still. It will blow away the other sliders currently on the market. If its being released for AT&T must be for t-mo too

03-28-10 04:42 PM
    Im gonna laugh when this comes out and it's nothing special.
    03-28-10 06:30 PM
    no dummy SPECS speak for themselves
    If your comments ADD VALUE.....type away. If not.....go vent somewhere else. With a whopping 14 posts I suggest you be a little nicer my friend.
    03-28-10 10:49 PM
    i dont have to read that to know your right the iphone dosent have the best camera but takes a **** of a picture the 9700 i use takes a decenet one to i guess we will see how good 5mp is on a phone after all thats what it is a phone not a camera
    03-29-10 01:09 AM
    If your comments ADD VALUE.....type away. If not.....go vent somewhere else. With a whopping 14 posts I suggest you be a little nicer my friend.
    ha so true!!!
    03-29-10 01:11 AM
    As far as I knew no one had reported on an actual live unit fully functional so that was my motivation for posting. I was also excited to find that it had a 5 MP camera because there was a lot of speculation as to whether or not it was going to have the 3.2 MP camera. As far as my friends source all I can really say is that he/she is very much a RIM insider and has always had pre-release units but this is the first time that there really hasn't been a lot of information readily available on one, hence my post.
    if he's a RIM insider, then why would they not want the source to be known?
    03-29-10 08:12 AM
    though i am hoping it will also have a world activated CDMA version too like the 9530
    03-29-10 08:19 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD