35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry maps

4 11.43%
  • Google maps

31 88.57%
    Which do you preffer?

Which one is lower on the data downloading
    04-02-11 01:00 AM
    I read somewhere (a long time ago) that BBMaps uses vector graphics so it uses less data than Google Maps, which uses .bmp images. I'm not sure that's true though.
    I have never tracked data usage of them either. I have an unlimited data plan.
    I prefer G Maps for its street view option. BB Maps is good and getting better all the time. If G Maps had pinch zoom on the Torch it would probably be no contest for me.
    04-02-11 09:26 AM
    I have both. G Maps also shows icons for businesses on the map too. Rather than "search" I can browse the map and see restaurants, shopping, etc, tap the icon and pull up the listing.

BB Maps does seem to draw faster when I'm driving and out of 3G range.
    04-02-11 09:45 AM
    Google maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 10:50 AM
    Both maps have their strengths.

Google Maps is great for browsing and finding POIs but BlackBerry Maps is a better navigation tool even though it does not have turn-by-turn.

I think that BlackBerry Maps wil probably use less data especially if you use Google Maps in terrain view.
    04-02-11 11:08 AM
    Google Maps is better than BB Maps...but the latest BB Maps is a lot better than the older version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 09:32 AM
    IMO, Google Maps is better. I like the look of it a lot better and it just seems to work better for me.
    04-04-11 09:42 AM
    google maps, for sure.
    04-04-11 10:12 AM
    Don't forget that BlackBerry Maps will use far less data than Google Maps because of data compression. Also BlackBerry Maps usage comes within the BB Data plan, which as I understand it Google Maps does not.
    04-04-11 10:24 AM
    The quickest loading Maps app I have found is Ultimate Maps from App World. Shows a lot of detail of businesses and is more accurate than Google Maps which has a habit of labelling the wrong building.
    04-04-11 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD