so ive seen some tutorials of how to fix a nuked blackberry but none have worked. i have a blackberry torch 9800 and since thismorning it has just constantly been rebooting itself, it has the line along the bottom showing how far it is to completion and the screen is normal and as the line is complete and it is about to complete the reboot the screen brightens a bit and then turns off and starts rebooting again.... it's insanely frustrating that a phone that is meant to be so great and costs so much has so many glitches and then has one that reders it completely useless and then the desktop software can't do anything about it. Any Ideas how to fix it?!
    03-16-13 09:27 AM
    My Torch 9850 started doing that too. It was the battery gone bad. Does this happen when plugged in as well?
    03-16-13 10:55 AM
    This happened to me too... I had given up with RIM and AT&T both pronounced the phone dead... But then I saw that de-nuking thread... and while it didn't work exactly, I kept futzing with it... eventually what worked was something like entering my password wrong 10 straight times on purpose... and then I was able to the OS to re-install after the wipe.

Don't give up!!
    03-16-13 11:46 AM
    I had this issue once too, but the fix was very simple in my case.

Flip the phone over and remove the battery door. Locate and tighten the four torx screws (T4 I think), replace the battery door and see how it goes.

This also fixed the same problem when I had my Bold 9000.

Regarding your other comments, my 9800 was pretty buggy too when I first got it but after I updated the OS it was like a totally different phone and I love it to this day. Given all you've done you probably do have the latest OS, but it's worth looking into by going to www.rroyy.com

Good luck.
    Last edited by Stewartj1; 03-17-13 at 02:45 PM.
    03-17-13 08:28 AM
    New battery or check the pins are popping out like they should or try a card in the battery door over the battery.
    03-17-13 08:38 AM
    I
    New battery or check the pins are popping out like they should or try a card in the battery door over the battery.
    If you have to put a card under the battery door its likely due to those screws being loose.
    03-17-13 02:47 PM
    i had the same issues. pull the battery. connect the 9800 to your PC with desktop manager. turn it on without the battery and repair. when it tries to reboot, install the battery again and go through the steps on the screen. this will reinstall the 9800 OS.

when the phone starts in default mode, turn on wifi and start the updates to app workd and reistall all your apps.

this will make the 98000 work like new

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Wbrian likes this.
    03-19-13 09:56 PM
    Yes, reload the OS and it will be like new! follow the steps of the tutorial on Crackberry. However I tried it on a Mac under OSX, that doesn't work, make sure you are running the desktop manager under Windows.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-22-13 02:02 AM