Hi!

I've been looking for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 in several stores in my town, but it is not available yet. However, I found the BlackBerry Torch 9800 and I was impressed. The phone is very nice and very complete, but it is a little "old" (2010) and has the old version of BB OS (6). I don't know if it's better wait to the Bold 9900 to come.

What do you think? Torch 9800 is still a good choice?
    12-23-11 12:01 PM
    The 9800 is a very fine device but the 9810 and 9900 are much better. If there is a real option go for OS7 is my thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-11 01:28 PM
    I would also agree. The Torch is an amazing device; but the 9900 and 9810 take the good qualities of the Torch and improve upon them in every way. I suggest that the OS 7 devices are worth the extra wait as they do provide a superior experience overall(:
    12-23-11 06:01 PM
    +1 for 9810

Ofc it is a personal choise, but one thing is fo sure - take OS 7 device.
    9810 has everything we love about the Torch + the latest and greatest OS.
    On the other hand, 9900 has some new featurs like NFC.

Here is I video review that might help you:

and here are some comments from CB users:

I have a list im making too:

9900:
    NFC
    Flashing Trackpad
    Better Keyboard
    Comes with Holster (atleast my carrier - Rogers does)

Larger Screen - Way better browsing
    Better Camera
    I am thinking about getting the 9810 as well, but haven't decided yet. I had the Torch 9800 and I can tell you my experience with that vs. my 9900. I loved the large screen on the Torch. It makes a big difference when you're scrolling through emails, twitter, browser etc. I have owned many non smartphone slider phones and didn't have an issue with them. But with the Torch, it eventually got to me. I got tired of sliding the keyboard out everytime I had to respond to a long email, bbm, twitter responses etc. The keyboard on the Torch is good, but not great. It's a heavy phone, so if you plan on putting it in your pocket, you might want to re-think keeping it. I had it in my purse so no issues for me.
    As for the 9900, I love that I can use the touchscreen and respond quickly with the static keyboard. IMO, this is the best keyboard RIM has come out with. So easy to type on, very responsive, the feedback is amazing, much better than the 9000. I love the size and weight. Battery life is similar. I can't speak for the 9810, comparing it to the 9800.

My conclusion:

Form factor - 9900
    Keyboard - 9900 hands down
    Weight - 9900
    Battery life - A tie
    Screen - 9800/9810
    RF and call quality - 9900
    Speaker volume - 9900
    Build quality - 9900
    Browser - 9810 because of the larger screen
    I took the plunge from my 6-week-old 9810 to the 9900. And I'm loving it. My only real issue with the 9810 was the cramped keyboard; otherwise it really performed flawlessly. But I found I missed the big keyboard of Bold, so I had to give it a shot. And I'm glad I did.

To answer your questions:

- Is there much noticable difference in screen size
    Yes and no. Yes, you can see that it is physically smaller; but in actual use, the difference is surprisingly barely noticeable. It is the one reason I thought I would have preferred the 9810, but it has turned out to be a total non-issue.

- Battery life between the two
    Today is my the second full day of use, after several battery pulls yesterday for software installs and that kind of crap. Ended the day yesterday with 40% battery remaining. Not bad. Right now, 6 hours out of the charger, I'm sitting at 80%, which is very close to where I'd be with the 9810 with the same kind of usage.

- Pocketability
    The phone is seriously slim, but solid feeling without being a slab of lead. Feels lighter than the Torch. I normally carry it in a belt holster, but occasionally in a leather pouch in my pocket, and because of its thinness it is very pocketable.

- Speed of typing on the keyboards
    Ahh ... the coup de gras. I can fly on this keyboard, where I would struggle with the Torch's. I don't have huge hands, but I never really did get completely comfortable with the Torch's cramped keys. I was instantly at home on the 9900's. One of our very fine lady members here called typing on her 9930 'orgasmic'; I'd have to concur, as I really had an urge for a cigarette after composing my first message on this thing ... and I don't smoke.
    So, it is all about what you want from a phone and how much money you have to spare
    12-23-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD