Has anyone found a way to change the browser data source from BES to BIS? I can't seem to find this option, but know it was available in older versions of the Curve and Bold. Thanks!
    09-03-10 01:15 PM
    Are you even sure that's possible? Those two things are apples and oranges.
    09-03-10 01:22 PM
    I'm pretty sure it was possible on my older Curve and Bold. Even when using the company's wifi on those phones, I never encountered the corporate blocked page message, but I've run into it a couple times since switching to the Torch on pages like YouTube, Facebook and radio stations.
    09-03-10 02:41 PM
    I was trying to find this also but cannot. My Torch is on BES and I would like to use my browser with BIS instead. On the older OS you could choose between Blackberry Browser or Internet Browser (I think) and that was BES vs. BIS I believe.
    09-03-10 02:53 PM
    Not there in OS6 neither is the identity of making the phone browser look IE or FF. I have 3 units all on different loads....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 06:20 PM
    I was trying to find this also but cannot. My Torch is on BES and I would like to use my browser with BIS instead. On the older OS you could choose between Blackberry Browser or Internet Browser (I think) and that was BES vs. BIS I believe.
    That is correct. On my 9000, I had to configure the browser as Internet Browser because if it were configured as BlackBerr Browser, it would go through my firm's BES server, which has a web site filter blocking access to a number of sites. I don't have to do anything on the Torch, however -- it can go to any site without my having to configure anything on the browser.
    09-03-10 08:19 PM
    The torch is supposed to auto-detect which browser profile to use. On the full BES the administrator can control, through IT policies, if the browser is required to use MDS for wi-fi or not. You can also say it must use wi-fi except on known (to the BES) wi-fi networks. However, if they have set all traffic to travel through BES on your cellular connection (by defining all domains use MDS in the application control settings) then there is nothing you can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 09:39 PM
    Supposed the IT policies DON'T force the browser to use the BES service. There still doesn't appear to be any way to configure the browser to use BIS rather than BES. The only thing you can do to bypass the corporate BES network is by using wifi - but I want the old functionality in v5 where we could force the browser to use BIS or BES.

Any idea if there is some setting for this that I just haven't found yet?
    11-22-10 08:50 PM
    Supposed the IT policies DON'T force the browser to use the BES service. There still doesn't appear to be any way to configure the browser to use BIS rather than BES. The only thing you can do to bypass the corporate BES network is by using wifi - but I want the old functionality in v5 where we could force the browser to use BIS or BES.

Any idea if there is some setting for this that I just haven't found yet?
    There is no setting for this with the browser in OS6.
    11-22-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD