[*]Foursquare application is a no go. I cannot even get BIS while that is installed.
    Many many thanks for the clue regarding Foursquare. Following your comment I removed it & everything works again. No more dropped data connection etc

That application is an absolute disaster.
    10-18-10 03:51 PM
    FYI I have a Tour and for the past week my BIS connection has been dropping randomly as well. Sometimes for seconds, sometimes for hours.
    10-28-10 12:20 PM
    Has everyone just stopped having this issue? I'm on 246, having gone back due to issues on 337, and I'm still having the issue. I'm able to connect to my home wifi, and surf the internet, but Im not able to send bbms, emails, or anything else that relies on BIS. It's quite frustrating for me because at my home we have horrible Mobile Network coverage and I can't just fall back on 3G to do the things I'm trying to do. The issue was present in 337 as well, I get no BB icon in my banner. I sporadically receive BBMs from people but when I go to reply, it will not send! I've removed the wireless profile and added it back, still connects just fine and will surf, but will no send over BIS! Any ideas? The only temp fix I've found is to, turn off the mobile network and the wifi, then just turn on the wifi, still no BB icon, but i've most most of my BBMs go through and emails. But as soon as I turn on the network (which is like 1 bar of Edge at my home). They no longer work again! Trying a few suggestions on here, I've just noticed that over the mobile network with Wifi connected, I can't even access the BIS account set up through the set up icon!
    Last edited by Scoot05RedSS; 01-18-11 at 11:48 AM.
    01-18-11 11:35 AM
    I'm still having the issue. I was running BTHM 5.0 and saw the issue. Went back to .337 (where I never had the issue) and it just hasn't been the same. Mind you I've been having the issue only when running themes. Someone here told me it's a known bug with the theme builder it self but I've noticed that BIS has been dropping. I just turn off the connection or pull the battery and it normally comes back up. It's frustrating really. I got tired of wiping and reloading OS's on the phone. Literally loaded .246 and .337 and the hybrid about 6 times, always had the same issue so I just gave up.
    01-18-11 11:59 AM
    Weird, I have been running themes, let me see if removing them helps. In my Service Status it says the BIS is connected to wifi, but still nothing will go through! This is very frustrating!
    01-18-11 12:11 PM
    I no longer have the issue. I'm on .337. Quite a few pages back, there was a suggestion about certain apps' options settings. I think it had to do with forcing them on BIS, or to not use APN. I went through my apps and adjusted that option, if it existed. Seemed to solve the problem for me.
    01-18-11 12:59 PM
    How did you do this ? Care to elaborate
    01-18-11 03:03 PM
    I no longer have the issue. I'm on .337. Quite a few pages back, there was a suggestion about certain apps' options settings. I think it had to do with forcing them on BIS, or to not use APN. I went through my apps and adjusted that option, if it existed. Seemed to solve the problem for me.
    I tried this now, had Score mobile using Auto and berryweather also on auto, switched them both the BIS and still there. No other APP had connection issues. They were all either BIS or require no connection at all. It's frustrating.
    01-19-11 11:32 AM
    I no longer have this issue...it actually stopped shortly after .246 and i am running several apps including berry weather, scoremobile, foursquare, ap news, bloomberg, and several more. I'd recommend try doing a system restore then do a clean upgrade and reinstall the apps one by one. Also as for restoring an old backup I wouldn't recommend reloading the entire backup. Only reload your contacts and messages. Resend your service books instead of reloading a backed up copy this will help ensure most of the data on ur device is all new.
    Its a pain but thats what i did when i installed 337 and haven't had any issues for months and I use wifi on and off bluetooth all day and still no issues.
    Good luck if you need any more suggestions let us kno.
    01-19-11 12:21 PM
    I tried this now, had Score mobile using Auto and berryweather also on auto, switched them both the BIS and still there. No other APP had connection issues. They were all either BIS or require no connection at all. It's frustrating.
    I'm sorry it's not working for you. I did take one app off that wouldn't save the BIS setting (AP News app), but have several other news apps, etc, and no longer have this issue. I'm out of ideas since different things seem to work for different people. The last post about trying one more clean install and resending the service books is an idea.
    01-19-11 12:44 PM
    I'm sorry it's not working for you. I did take one app off that wouldn't save the BIS setting (AP News app), but have several other news apps, etc, and no longer have this issue. I'm out of ideas since different things seem to work for different people. The last post about trying one more clean install and resending the service books is an idea.
    As much as I hate the clean install I think I will just do it, 1 more time to see lol. Thanks. Appreciate all your help as well.
    01-19-11 02:18 PM
    As much as I hate the clean install I think I will just do it, 1 more time to see lol. Thanks. Appreciate all your help as well.
    Sorry to see that you are still having BIS issues. Based on what I found out early on in this thread, and BB's acknowledgement of the issue, I still believe a full wipe of everything and reinstall of the "original" OS version is what needs to be done. You have to wipe the device so there's no trace of whatever caused the BIS loss. If you want to be sure it's fully wiped, use BBSAK and take it to a 507 error. In other words no software at all on the device. Then use BBSAK to reload the original OS. (I only suggest the 507 if you've been loading and removing OS's and apps multiple times and you want to be positive that no trace of anything remains on the phone. I don't recommend this option unless you're OK with loading the BB OS from scratch)

Pretty much what I had to do way back in my post #489 in this thread. Back up the device then do a full wipe and revert back to the original OS. Then check and make sure everything works normal. If so, only load back your contacts, and emails. If everything still works, the device should be OK hardware wise. Then upgrade straight to .337, again only restoring contacts, and emails. If it's working OK, then proceed to reinstall apps "one at a time". Checking after each one to be sure BIS is still up. I suggest using the device for a full day after each app is installed. Some apps use updates and if it fails, that could cause a problem. Do this every time for each app. If it's an app causing it you'll find out.

After the device is running again, then add Themes if you want to. Be advised that the Beta version of BB themebuilder has a known issue where the BIS dots icon doesn't show up when on wi-fi. Don't let that fool you, always use the "service status" page to verify BIS connections.

That's what worked for me. So far I have .337 with the following stuff loaded and I'm having zero problems right now. I'm on AT&T.

Using native Social Feeds app for FB and Crackberry RSS feeds
    BerryWeather
    Urbanspoon
    Enhanced Gmail plugin
    Kindle
    Mobipocket Reader
    Dictionary.com
    Google Maps
    ZonaSnap

Good luck
    01-19-11 04:28 PM
    got a torch but when i open browser its really slow any ideals
    01-21-11 05:41 PM
    After reading the first 19 pages of the thread and trying various things, it seems the solution is to turn off the APN settings in options>device>advance system settings>TCP and disable the APN

Its working fine after that
    03-24-11 04:29 PM
    This has been fixed in the newer OSes anyhow, even without having to disable the APN.
    03-24-11 04:30 PM
    I am still having the BIS dropping issue and I have found no way to solve it. I have upgraded from .246 to .486 and finally to the leaked version of .526. The phone has gotten better with updates but the BIS issue still remains. It drops randomly not just when I leave my wifi network.

I asked my provider to upgrade my service to 3g and I'm still having the same problem. I have wiped my phone numerous times but still the same issue. This is also not an application issue because I don't use my blackberry for applications.

Does anyone have a solution that I could try?
    04-09-11 03:02 AM
    Ok for anyone that comes across this post i have found the answer, there seems to be a problem with the saved wifi and when you backup your data from OS5 and move it to OS6 it creates this problem with dropping the BIS connection connection, delete all the wifi profiles and disable the ones that come pre installed and then reboot the phone the problem should fix now and you can re add the wifi connections., alternatively do a clean install but do not restore your data do it manually.

i was scratching my hair out on 3 different phones and it was obviously because i was using the same backup all the time but now this worked for me and i havent dropped BIS all week even with wifi on
    05-16-11 09:29 PM
    @bkkperson, this means, if I start using a torch from scratch, without any restored backup, the problem won't not show up?
    05-17-11 02:17 AM
    First things first, I highly doubt it is a carrier problem. I'm on O2-UK and I've had random dropouts. No device issues though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 03:06 AM
    @bkkperson, this means, if I start using a torch from scratch, without any restored backup, the problem won't not show up?
    Thats right, i think if you do not restore your data then the problem wont come
    05-17-11 03:14 AM
    I am on t-mobile UK on 3G (4DOTS) BIS drops to 3G (no dots) and obviously no BIS either. Comes backa after a while, but still does not pass data. If i force the mobile to 2G EDGE everything is just peachy fine. 9780 running 6.0.0.600 so 3G BIS is broken, 2G bis works just fine. This is just ****.
    08-26-11 02:03 AM
    Hate to bring up an old thread but I'm having this same problem with my 9800 and can't seem to resolve it without doing a complete wipe and starting from scratch.

Has anyone found a way to fix this problem? I've tried multiple times to delete the wifi network, reset the device and readd the network but the problems is still there?
    09-27-11 12:07 PM
    Don't worry, I have to resurrect this thread as well...

I'm still having this problem with my torch and I'm using OS6.0.0.706... I just recently started having this problem... I've used my phone with 3 different carriers since I bought the phone back in March. I've only started having this problem with my latest carrier but it only seems that it'll lose my BIS connecting when I leave my wifi. I thought a software update would help but the problem is still reoccurring. Turning off my 3G connection then re-enabling it seems to fix the problem but it's a pain to have to do that every time I leave a wifi network. Any suggestions on how to fix it or anyone else having trouble still with this problem?
    12-09-11 11:29 PM
    Try deleteing the safed wifi disable the t-mobile ones if you dont need them, reboot the phone then add wifi's as and when, i had this problem all the time then did a wipe and then fianlly the wifi trick worked for me.
    Still happens but rarely , like once a week now instead of every time i was on wifi
    12-10-11 12:16 AM
    I tried wiping the saved wifi networks and re-adding them but it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem...

I am using the app SmartWifi, could that be part of the problem?
    12-11-11 02:17 AM
550 ... 202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD