So I am very aware of the BIS issue that plagued the 9800 needing to do a security wipe in order to have the device reconnect to BIS. I just wanted to ask if anyone else is having the issue of the phone dropping off BIS for about 30 seconds but the BIS symbol is still showing connected? While using the browser and trying to surf, the page is just stuck there loading. After about 30 seconds of waiting the page will finally load. I have tried wipes and different OS but still the same symptoms. Is it just me or is RIM still having intermittent issues with the 9800 connecting to BIS

thank you in advance
    11-18-10 10:52 AM
    Could just be an actual issue with your carrier and reception.
    It might not actually be a BIS issue.

Try this though.. Go to Options > Device > Advanced Settings > TCP/IP. Uncheck the box to use carrier apn settings.

Reset the device. I used to ALWAYS have to do this before to have speedy internet. But since the latest BIS updates + .337 I no longer have to. But it might help.
    11-18-10 01:37 PM
    Could just be an actual issue with your carrier and reception.
    It might not actually be a BIS issue.

Try this though.. Go to Options > Device > Advanced Settings > TCP/IP. Uncheck the box to use carrier apn settings.

Reset the device. I used to ALWAYS have to do this before to have speedy internet. But since the latest BIS updates + .337 I no longer have to. But it might help.
    I will give that a shot and see how things go. thank you for the tip
    11-18-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD