I have a Torch 9800 with BIS. I used to use BlackBerry Dektop redirector in on my work office PC and the IT administrator added my PIN to the BES server. Recently I decided to stop receving work e-mail on my private BlackBerry and a request was put in to remove me from th BES server. This has now been done. I still had the work e-mail icon on my BlackBerry, but removed it by deleting two entries in the service book entry.
    The problem is following: BlackBerry protect still dosen�t start because it states that it can�t run on a device, because it is not compatible with devices that use BES.
    I am not sure were I went wrong in removing BES. I have seen previous threads regading removing BES and could not find any hints (beside the service book entries) which would provide any help.
    Does anyone know what is causing this issue?
    08-24-11 04:54 AM
    You probably need to manually remove the IT Policy.
    08-24-11 05:47 AM
    Thanks. Where do I find the IT Policy and how do I remove it?
    08-24-11 06:04 AM
    What needs to be done is that you need to either contact your BES admin and ask him/her to assign you a Blank IT policy. Or you can use an do it yourself

http://www.removeblackberrypolicy.co...olicy_file.htm
    Last edited by mobibiz; 08-24-11 at 06:23 AM.
    portal likes this.
    08-24-11 06:20 AM
    08-24-11 06:28 AM
    Thanks for the tips. Would the old policy not be restored when I restore my backup?
    08-24-11 06:37 AM
    Thanks. This helped and I can now use BlackBerry Protect without any BES issues. I didn't "dare" restoring my BB backup in case it would restore the policy file again.
    Last edited by portal; 08-25-11 at 02:11 AM.
    08-24-11 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD