I use my Torch as a bedside clock/alarm every night and don't find the dimmed version of bedside mode too bright. I run screen brightness at 10% at all times. When it dims down after dropping in the charging pod, I find it quite subtle.

I don't turn the radio off -- I created a sound profile "Night", which silences everything except the phone ringer, but that's set to a 2 so it isn't jarring. After 11pm, in bedside mode it flips to this profile.
    03-31-11 07:52 AM
    I have a question about the bedside mode. On my Bold 9700 as soon as I pluged the phone to charge it automatically went into bedside mode. I can't figure out where to find the setting on the Torch so I don't have to manually put it in bedside mode. Does anyone know how to make it automatic?
    Open your clock app, press the BB button and chose options. In those options third option down is "When charging", just chose enter bedside mode.

Then after choosing that option you can choose, time wise when you want it to not enter bedside mode(IE your at work and want to charge it without going to bedside mode). You can also chose what options you want bedside mode to do.
    03-31-11 08:01 AM
    Thank you so much I am not sure how I over looked that. Thought maybe they removed that option.
    03-31-11 09:21 AM
    Thank you so much I am not sure how I over looked that. Thought maybe they removed that option.
    No problem, that's what were all here for. To help one another.
    03-31-11 01:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD