Ha! gottcha! No really I dont understand why most of the post I see are people b@#ching about RIM and BB .....WHY!!?? get an iphone or a droid and ***** on their blogs...NO company can make 100% of their phones produced perfect!! I really was gonna go get an iphone but got the torch instead, It works great ... death to the empire.(star wars)
    01-01-11 10:21 PM
    g.james73, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 10:32 PM
    That was a great movie ;p.

g.james73 likes this.
    01-01-11 10:38 PM
    Sorry bosh4life, Which part of my ramblings(other than the empire joke) which was ment to be a joke. Was too idiotic for you?
    01-01-11 10:44 PM
    I wasn't originally going to put this up (I actually did, but then took it down.) I figured what the ****, and so it's up!

Ur spellaring and grammaring sux d00d. -cough-.

On a different note, and I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree with me, Since I've switched, I feel like much of the criticism of AT&T has been sourced from overly bit*** iPhone users.

Mind you, I do miss T-Mobile at times (I did know a good chunk of the retail employees within my retail district.) I think AT&T is a lot better than most make it out to be, and everyone I've come in contact with in AT&T retail, via online chat and over the phone has been overly kind, willing to help, and get to the bottom of the issue at hand.

The Torch is a great device in my eyes, is it an iPhone? No. But you likely didn't buy a Torch because you wanted an iPhone, You bought a Torch because you wanted a communication centric device which has the ability to handle some multimedia on the side.

I can spare to loose some richness in the multimedia department on my every day device, but I can't spare any functionality or richness in the communication department, and the Torch allows me to take advantage of the communication capabilities that the BlackBerry is known for, while having a sleek device, with a good amount of memory.

Everyone is saying that they wish the Torch had a 1GHz processor, 18 trillion megapixels and a 900000000 kaxibillion milliampere-hour battery with a huge glossy touch screen, but when we look at the touch devices we had just 2 years ago, and compare them to the Torch, there is a major improvement between now and then, and I think RIM is moving in the right direction, and starting to kick up some dust and kick some arses in the process.
    g.james73, buwee, vailjo91 and 2 others like this.
    01-01-11 10:50 PM
    +1 ^^ xDAKx
    01-01-11 10:54 PM
    Very well put xDAKx
    01-01-11 10:56 PM
    Besides I'm just trying to relay thoughts, not writing an essay for Mrs. Phelps Gov. class
    01-01-11 10:59 PM
    You're just making it worse. But I believe your heart was in the right place.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-01-11 11:15 PM
    I would like to take this opportunity to withdrawl my original post. I had no idea it would turn into a semantic argument about my intelligence. I respectfully withdrawl.
    01-01-11 11:38 PM
    Again, you should have stopped while you were ahead.
    01-02-11 12:17 AM
    This thread is as full of sarcasm and witty banter as iphone fan boys heads are as full of "kool aid".

g.james73 likes this.
    01-02-11 12:39 AM
    It's all in good fun!
    01-02-11 12:58 AM
    May the force be with you g.james73
    01-02-11 02:28 AM
    g.james73, I am your father!!!

01-02-11 06:14 AM
    See we do have Star Wars fans. And I'm sorry I do love me torch and all BB.

BB2Go likes this.
    01-02-11 09:16 AM
    He was just having some fun, I got a good chuckle out of the post. Thanks for the laugh!

g.james73 likes this.
    01-02-11 09:39 AM
    You need not apologize, in my opinion, g.james. Keep your sense of humor right where it is.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-02-11 09:51 AM
    I wasn't originally going to put this up (I actually did, but then took it down.) I figured what the ****, and so it's up!

Ur spellaring and grammaring sux d00d. -cough-.

On a different note, and I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree with me, Since I've switched, I feel like much of the criticism of AT&T has been sourced from overly bit*** iPhone users.

Mind you, I do miss T-Mobile at times (I did know a good chunk of the retail employees within my retail district.) I think AT&T is a lot better than most make it out to be, and everyone I've come in contact with in AT&T retail, via online chat and over the phone has been overly kind, willing to help, and get to the bottom of the issue at hand.

The Torch is a great device in my eyes, is it an iPhone? No. But you likely didn't buy a Torch because you wanted an iPhone, You bought a Torch because you wanted a communication centric device which has the ability to handle some multimedia on the side.

I can spare to loose some richness in the multimedia department on my every day device, but I can't spare any functionality or richness in the communication department, and the Torch allows me to take advantage of the communication capabilities that the BlackBerry is known for, while having a sleek device, with a good amount of memory.

Everyone is saying that they wish the Torch had a 1GHz processor, 18 trillion megapixels and a 900000000 kaxibillion milliampere-hour battery with a huge glossy touch screen, but when we look at the touch devices we had just 2 years ago, and compare them to the Torch, there is a major improvement between now and then, and I think RIM is moving in the right direction, and starting to kick up some dust and kick some arses in the process.
    Very well put. And while I wouldn't necessarily call those iPhone users 'overly bit***', I do agree that an inordinate amount of criticism directed toward AT&T is due to two factors directly related to the iPhone:
    1 - They sold so #%@ many of them and their users tend to eat up more bandwidth (not a dig, just a simple outgrowth of a very web-friendly device and a the availability of gazillion apps) that use it). Combined with the exclusivity deal, I believe that all those new users simply overwhelmed AT&T's network (which, by the way, has been significantly upgraded since the iPhone's introduction).
    2 - Even prior to 'Antenna-gate', iPhones generally have poorer signal reception than other phones. To all those users, a less-than-stellar radio performance could not possibly be their new phones, so it must be AT&T's crappy service.

Not saying this is 100% of the cause across the board, as all carriers have areas where the force is stronger and not so strong (there, I had to get my Star Wars reference in). But I firmly believe that the affect was/is enough to skew customer opinion enough to make AT&T look like the culprit. I mean, other than a few anti-BB trolls, I don't see any BB users complaining about AT&T's coverage or service.

As for me, performance-wise I love my Torch just as it is.

OP, don't withdraw ... I find the ensuing circus quite amusing!!
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-02-11 09:52 AM
    I, for one, am glad that the sheer volume of new iphone users practically forced AT&T to upgrade coverage and services. I never really had a problem with them before but I now find their service very competent. And being a mac user since they came with 2MB ram and a black-and-white screen, I have no problems with Apple. I bought an ipad for a relative for Christmas, in-store setup took 5 minutes, and I opened a gmail account for them and set up their email literally while I was walking out to the car. I personally chose Blackberry over Apple because of the usual reasons...communication and security. If nothing else, the Torch will at least attract a generation of users that insist on some level of multimedia apps.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-02-11 11:00 AM
    I'm the biggest BB fanboy(converting ppl to BBs, persecuting iphone users, etc) BUT... I've had enough with RIMs shenanigans.

The torch succeeded in introducing a better browser but failed to couple it with better screen resolution.

Torch doesn't suck but it doesn't dignify an upgrade from my bold 9000.

New Years resolution for RIM: get your head out of your asses

01-02-11 11:08 AM
    I came from a 9000 and I can tell you the 9800 is leaps and bounds above the 9000 and worth every penny of the upgrade. The Torch is a step in the right direction for RIM.

01-02-11 12:19 PM
    These aren't the 9800s you are looking for.

I think I may have lost some midi-chlorians reading this thread.

+1 for all of the Star Wars fans. Go Darkside! Yay! What do you mean they blew it up? Again? We weren't even done building that thing.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-02-11 12:32 PM
    May the TORCH be with you!
    01-02-11 01:15 PM
    See! This has gone from a silly rant , to a Star Wars blog. Great!. By the way if you havent seen all the robot chicken star wars ,it is a must see!!
    CASH likes this.
    01-02-11 01:21 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD