I for one think the torch is gorgeous.

I love sliders, and look forward to seeing this in person.
    08-03-10 02:42 PM
    No responses. Everyone is rabid with hate. Let them be. It has no effect on my decision to buy this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 03:14 PM
    No responses. Everyone is rabid with hate. Let them be. It has no effect on my decision to buy this phone.

Ditto. I'm getting this beyatch!
    08-03-10 03:16 PM
    I agree but this forum is no place for a Blackberry fanboy!
    08-03-10 03:19 PM
    People generally tend to vocalize complaints more than they vocalize satisfaction.

I compare the specs of the 9800 to my current 9700 and there is absolutely no reason for me not to upgrade.

Now... gimme gimme gimme my 9800!
    08-03-10 03:21 PM
    Mike, you are on Sprint. Check out the Epic 4G. I am POSITIVE you will be impressed.
    08-03-10 03:21 PM
    I, too, will be purchasing this phone.
    08-03-10 03:22 PM
    What's not to like? The BB is well-integrated into my life, both work and home. My 9000 does everything I want it to except (1) have a decent browser, (2) have a larger screen, and (3) have enough memory so I don't care how many apps I have on my phone.

That's three men on base, and the Torch just hit it out of the park. A grand slam in my book.
    08-03-10 03:26 PM
    What's not to like? The BB is well-integrated into my life, both work and home. My 9000 does everything I want it to except (1) have a decent browser, (2) have a larger screen, and (3) have enough memory so I don't care how many apps I have on my phone.

That's three men on base, and the Torch just hit it out of the park. A grand slam in my book.
    Same for me!
    08-03-10 03:27 PM
    Was there this much negativity at the launch of the onyx

08-03-10 03:32 PM
    Well my work berry is an ATT 9700, I am waiting with baited breath to see if we will be upgrading to this BB. Right now I have the best of both worlds with the 9650 and 9700, it can only get better having the 9800. With all the negativity surrounding this device, I wonder is it really worth it tho.

08-03-10 04:56 PM
    Not every wireless phone has to have uber specs. Everyone has different needs that demand certain types of specs/capabilities on their phones. I for one do not feel the need to be so connected to the interweb or have to watch media in HD when i'm not home. I like to interact with people when I'm out.

It's unfortunate that so many people out there show so much ignorance and hatred over a damn phone. Use that energy and go do something useful to society.

And yes, I have tried out apple and android products. they are nice, but RIM's products fill my needs just fine, and I will be purchasing the 9800.
    08-03-10 05:07 PM
    I compare the specs of the 9800 to my current 9700 and there is absolutely no reason for me not to upgrade.
    Which tends to say more about your 9700 than it does the 9800. Think about it.
    08-03-10 05:17 PM
    Not every wireless phone has to have uber specs. Everyone has different needs that demand certain types of specs/capabilities on their phones. I for one do not feel the need to be so connected to the interweb or have to watch media in HD when i'm not home. I like to interact with people when I'm out.

It's unfortunate that so many people out there show so much ignorance and hatred over a damn phone. Use that energy and go do something useful to society.

And yes, I have tried out apple and android products. they are nice, but RIM's products fill my needs just fine, and I will be purchasing the 9800.
    Amen!!! Looking forward to purchasing the 9800.
    08-03-10 05:20 PM
    Which tends to say more about your 9700 than it does the 9800. Think about it.
    No need to think about it. I have no complaints about my 9700. I would just prefer a slider.
    Last edited by VeryBold; 08-04-10 at 07:26 AM. Reason: (felt compelled to roll my eyes)
    08-03-10 05:23 PM

AMEN!!!!!

I really hope TMob gets the phone by December (when I can upgrade) I have been wanting a touch/keyboard BB for forever...and not just any touch/keyboard cause there are a lot out there...

Just a touch/keyboard BB...

And am I mistaken about the mem? It is 512MB correct. We will still have to monitor the amount of apps we can download right? I have an 8900 and am cringing at the amount of MB I have left... Is it different with this phone?

The browser experience and the social experience is what I'm looking forward to most...all while its still doing what I 'NEED' it to do best...email and message..
    08-03-10 05:38 PM
    What's not to like? The BB is well-integrated into my life, both work and home. My 9000 does everything I want it to except (1) have a decent browserStrike 1, (2) have a larger screenStrike 2, and (3) have enough memory so I don't care how many apps I have on my phoneStrike 3!.

How is 3 lacking features 3 men on base? I will admit that I'm no baseball guru, but I find this rather perplexing.
    08-03-10 06:28 PM
    I think that's because you are trolling 11. If you were not trolling you would have better reading comprehension.
    08-03-10 06:33 PM
    I am looking forward to it. I don't understand all the discontent. It's really just a phone after all. Not a mini-computer. Wonder what most of these people complained about when they had to sport a bag phone? I think for the most part people have just gotten spoiled and have become a causality of society.
    08-03-10 06:38 PM
    Well my work berry is an ATT 9700, I am waiting with baited breath to see if we will be upgrading to this BB. Right now I have the best of both worlds with the 9650 and 9700, it can only get better having the 9800. With all the negativity surrounding this device, I wonder is it really worth it tho.

"...baited breath..." Too too toooooo funny. Have you been eating minnows and worms? ROFL
    08-03-10 06:38 PM
    I think that's because you are trolling 11. If you were not trolling you would have better reading comprehension.
    I read ok, or at least well enough to see that the post says: "My 9000 does everything I want it to except"
    08-03-10 06:45 PM
    While the browser is a MASSIVE step up from it's previous versions, the Crackberry video (along with other videos from today) that I've seen have all been consistent with one thing, lag. I was hoping above all else that RIM was going to really hit it out of the park.

Now the question that runs through my mind is, "were the devices today running the final build of the browser or is there more optimization left to do??" If they aren't, they only got a couple days until the device hits the market.

Also, the reason why I really want RIM to nail the browser and have it solid is because of the lack of quality apps. Unfortunately, RIM isn't going to make every single app and there aren't many good ones out there. So if I want to say, check my bank account, there isn't an app for Blackberry so I would like to rely on their mobile website but if the browser isn't good, then I have to wait until I get to a PC. Just get the browser solid RIM.
    08-03-10 06:47 PM
    If you don't get out from under that bridge we'll have to take away your rolling eye emoticon 11.
    08-03-10 06:48 PM
    9800 once you hit t mobile you will be mine lol ill miss my 9700 thoe. I think rim has done a nice job on this phone it bugs me some people are not satified with the 9800 but that's there deal.

08-03-10 06:52 PM
    How is 3 lacking features 3 men on base? I will admit that I'm no baseball guru, but I find this rather perplexing.
    Umm... he was referring to his 9000 not doing those things and the 9800 doing them at a level he's happy with....

I'm not good at catching sarcasm so I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not but if you really wanted to know what he meant that was it...

If not, please no bashing, and excuse my attempt at being helpful....
    08-03-10 06:52 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD