When deleting an application, I inadvertently deleted BB Maps. How can I restore this application? Rob UK
    12-27-10 03:58 AM
    Just run 'App Loader' and reinstall it - just make sure you have Maps selected to load...
    Robv1950 likes this.
    12-27-10 04:19 AM
    BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com from your bbbrowser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Robv1950 likes this.
    12-27-10 04:19 AM
    BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com from your bbbrowser.

You sure?

I don't think this ribbon to unblock the BBMaps icon is going to be much help after inadvertently deleting the app...
    Robv1950 likes this.
    12-27-10 04:40 AM
    You sure?

I don't think this ribbon to unblock the BBMaps icon is going to be much help after inadvertently deleting the app...
    what are you talking about? that link is for downloading BBMaps from the BB website OTA.
    Robv1950 likes this.
    12-27-10 05:07 AM
    what are you talking about? that link is for downloading BBMaps from the BB website OTA.
    Do you KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT? Maybe you should try deleting your BBmaps and reinstalling it through that link...

Inadvertently deleting BBMaps = a trip to the 'App Loader' to reinstall

Last edited by lucky45; 12-27-10 at 05:28 AM.
    12-27-10 05:23 AM
    My Torch is hiding Blackberry Maps, I installed it once and a week or so later the icon was "missing", though the app still showed up in my app list. I had to uninstall and reinstall, did that about a week ago, and it is gone again... Is there something more that needs to be done after the install? I was able to run it before it went missing, so I didn't think there was.
    Last edited by Cdette; 12-29-10 at 11:19 AM.
    12-29-10 11:15 AM
    AT&T is hiding my BB maps icon. I recently went to Europe and with a Tmobile sim in from the UK, the BB maps icon appeared and worked flawlessly. When I got back to the states, the icon disappeared again.
    12-29-10 11:22 AM
    From BB Fourms: AT&T has it removed Blackberry Maps as they have their own AT&T Maps and AT&T Navigator. But you can still get Google Maps and the like.

A possible fix to lauch BB Maps without the icon showing, which AT&T has disables after a battery pull: Use Poynt and select BBmaps as default in options; then use the "map it!" feature. The other option is to reinstall everytime you do a battery pull so that the icon shows back up.
    Last edited by Cdette; 12-29-10 at 03:05 PM.
    12-29-10 02:43 PM
    From BB Fourms: AT&T has it removed Blackberry Maps as they have their own AT&T Maps and AT&T Navigator. But you can still get Google Maps and the like.

A possible fix to lauch BB Maps without the icon showing, which AT&T has disables after a battery pull: Use Poynt and select BBmaps as default in options; then use the "map it!" feature. The other option is to reinstall everytime you do a battery pull so that the icon shows back up.
    AT&T didn't 'remove' BB Maps - all they did was push a Service Book that blocks the icon...

The only fix for this is to download: http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad
    12-29-10 03:38 PM
    My Torch is hiding Blackberry Maps, I installed it once and a week or so later the icon was "missing", though the app still showed up in my app list. I had to uninstall and reinstall, did that about a week ago, and it is gone again... Is there something more that needs to be done after the install? I was able to run it before it went missing, so I didn't think there was.
    Search for "BB Maps launcher" posted by user Brandon32. There you will find a launcher app that will keep an icon on your phone even when AT&T deletes the stock one.
    12-29-10 05:48 PM
    Search for "BB Maps launcher" posted by user Brandon32. There you will find a launcher app that will keep an icon on your phone even when AT&T deletes the stock one.

Or they could read one post above yours
    Last edited by lucky45; 12-29-10 at 06:05 PM.
    12-29-10 06:01 PM
    Or they could read one post above yours...

That they could. Didn't even see that.
    12-29-10 06:06 PM
    I have read that the icon will still hide again after a battery pull using app launcher, so I was offering an alternative.

12-30-10 10:11 AM
    I have read that the icon will still hide again after a battery pull using app launcher, so I was offering an alternative.

Downloading the OTA 'ribbon' from the Blackberry site will 'hide' but the launcher will not.

http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

12-30-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD