The iphone 4 is a very nicely made ipod that makes calls. Apps are great but they don't make the phone. Here are some reasons any blackberry is better:

1. Email setup takes nothing more than typing in username and password the phone does the rest.
    2. Blackberry Messenger is free and always connected
    3. Gtalk doesn't exist on the iphone
    4. The bb alert system is by far superior
    5. I don't care if apple wants to call it multi-tasking, its just not.
    6. You have set-up options on BB
    7. No stupid propriety connection jack.
    8. physical keyboard is so much better.
    9. Apple's service policies are ridiculous.
    10. bb have their own sophisticated business look

With that said apple make great products. I am a mac addict, and love my nano. The iphone needs its software to be opened up a bit. I never had the antenna problems or hang ups that other people had. I just needed the functionality that blackberry offers. Blackberry has some catching up to do with its internal hardware. But it still is the best phone for me.
    1. Same for iPhone
    2. Not a strong premise. BBM is an advantage only if who you are communicating with also has a BB and not everyone has a BB.
    3. Never tried it.
    4. Agreed.
    5. I see it as multitasking, that's your opinion and opinions aren't facts.
    6. Really? Now you're just nitpicking.
    7. Agreed
    8. So why get the Torch if you dislike touchscreens?
    9. Nitpicking.
    10. Sounds like a 15 year old's argument.
    10-17-10 05:58 PM
    I, as a developer, cannot write an app which will run in the background. I can use Apple's background APIs to have certain tasks completed in the background, but I can't actually run my code in the background. I really don't see any way that can be considered multitasking. Multitasking is a term with a technical definition, and iOS 4 doesn't meet it. It creates a useful simulation of multitasking, but at the end of the day I cannot write an app that will execute arbitrary code in the background, and there's no getting around that.

He said he liked a physical keyboard, not that he disliked touchscreens. They're completely different things. It's quite possible to love touch screens for OS/app navigation, but dislike them for typing.
    10-17-10 06:21 PM
    I recently tried the EVO G4 for a couple of days... while its a fast andriod device it doesnt have alot of the customazations that we can do with our BB's.. i turned my Bold back on and got a second line of service for the EVO as i can use a second line for my business so i will be useing both phones now. I will never not have a BB again really want the Torch thats why i tried the EVO hope sprint getts the torch soon . the wife will get the Bold and i will have the Torch.
    10-17-10 06:21 PM
    RIM devices such as the Torch have a secure proprietary communications platform with improved multi-tasking overall capability that other smartphones cannot match. This product line will get even better with the next generation.
    10-17-10 06:32 PM
    1. Same for iPhone
    2. Not a strong premise. BBM is an advantage only if who you are communicating with also has a BB and not everyone has a BB.
    3. Never tried it.
    4. Agreed.
    6. Really? Now you're just nitpicking.
    7. Agreed
    9. Nitpicking.
    10. Sounds like a 15 year old's argument.
    Im not trying to pick on the iphone, it is an amazingly engineered device. If you don't use bbm you have gtalk that will work with any phone except iphone. Messaging is expensive if their is a way around it awesome. Apple seems to not want you to find it. Apple service is very odd, they have the moisture sensors all over their devices and restocking fees are ********. And you can't multi task on the iphone 4, you cant even bring up a menu when you are in a program or app. It makes me feel boxed in just thinking about it.
    10-17-10 07:10 PM
    Show me a BB app that has every single medical drug and their uses, mechanism of action and contraindications. Or medical diagnoses and their treatment. All the different lab values. The different dosages whether pediatric, adult, or geriatric. Its funny because that's a lot of info and the BB has that app but guess what? It constantly freezes I guess because of the processor. On the iPhone 4, I scroll through everything like a breeze. I am by no means an Apple fanboy, I had every BB on AT&T since the Pearl 8100. I recently sold my Torch to get the iPhone 4 and IMO, the iP4 is a much better all-around device minus the LED notifier.
    Free medical PDA software: Epocrates Rx for BlackBerry
    10-17-10 09:22 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD