I bought my wife a new Freedom Pro (Bluetooth) Keyboard for Xmas and now look what happens!

She set it up fine and was using the keyboard regularly until the letter 'V' broke off during regular typing. So we packed it up to return for replacement. But the phone was not happy about this and started searching for the keyboard using BlueTooth. We couldn't stop the phone from searching for the keyboard every half hour or so with the screen message "Connection to Freedom Pro Keyboard Failed."

Now that is the ONLY message left on a frozen Torch. No other inputs work, seven battery pulls later the phone boots up to a point, and then displays the message "Connection to Freedom Pro Keyboard Failed." No other inputs work. Is this phone a brick?
    Last edited by AJ_Franklin; 01-04-11 at 10:14 AM.
    01-04-11 09:58 AM
    Naa not a brick. A simple OS reinstall would take care of it. there are several how to's on these forums on how to install an OS.
    01-04-11 10:03 AM
    Naa not a brick. A simple OS reinstall would take care of it. there are several how to's on these forums on how to install an OS.
    There is no communicating with this phone, Homer.
    01-04-11 10:55 AM
    Have you tried using BBSAK? Maybe try wiping and then reloading...
    01-04-11 11:09 AM
    Its still fine, you dont need to communicate with the device, only your pc. Follow the direction on how to fix a nuked berry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Trust me after beta testing this and that, Ive seen the white screen, and a white screen where apps are named with no icons and no inputs work. As long as app loader(Not desktop manager) recognizes the device your ok.

First thing I would do is try bbsak and see if it recognizes the device, if it does then wipe the device(although i personally like jl_cmdr for this operation) then using app loader reload the OS. just as i posted before.
    AJ_Franklin likes this.
    01-04-11 11:12 AM
    The first thing you want to do is see if you can boot using Safe Mode. Safe Mode starts your device up without any third party applications running, so it's a great way to see if it's a random file system error or a software issue.

To get into Safe Mode:

1. Remove and reinsert the battery.

2. When the red LED light goes out, press and hold the Escape key (back button) as the device is loading.

3. When the dialog appears, click OK.

Did it boot okay? If it did, plug it into your computer via. USB, and back up your device using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. This way all your data, programs, and settings are saved.

That helped me to connect to desktop manager and do reinstall.
    01-04-11 11:14 AM
    The first thing you want to do is see if you can boot using Safe Mode. Safe Mode starts your device up without any third party applications running, so it's a great way to see if it's a random file system error or a software issue.

To get into Safe Mode:

1. Remove and reinsert the battery.

2. When the red LED light goes out, press and hold the Escape key (back button) as the device is loading.

3. When the dialog appears, click OK.

Did it boot okay? If it did, plug it into your computer via. USB, and back up your device using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. This way all your data, programs, and settings are saved.

That helped me to connect to desktop manager and do reinstall.
    Only one problem, Don't backup the bluetooth profiles and devices it connects to. Would hope that was painfully obvious, but you never know.
    01-04-11 12:01 PM
    After reading responses here on CrackBerry, I went to the BlackBerry home site to d/l the OS6 software to my computer. While searching for it I came across a page BlackBerry - Update your Device Software and decided to connect my wife's Torch to the USB cable and try to "Update" the frozen Berry. And it worked!

Tip here: If you need to reload your OS, leave your battery IN the phone. OF course I will have to load her third party apps again but it was good to give my wife her white Torch back up and running. I had done one update backup for her in the middle of December and had to use that to load her personal info.

Now she understands why I back up my Torch every week! Thank you all for the help!
    01-04-11 02:49 PM
    Have you tried using BBSAK? Maybe try wiping and then reloading...
    What is BBSAK?
    01-04-11 02:54 PM
    Blackberry Swiss Army Knife. The program lets you do all kinds of things to the software of your phone.

This guy leaves it alone though because I don't have a clue what I'm really doing.
    01-04-11 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD