Okay, so, my Torch is only a few months old, and a few days ago the battery started dying really fast. I charge it overnight, and normally by the end of the day I haven't even used up half, but now it's dead by 3 p.m. I took it to the Support Center yesterday and they gave me a new battery, and it is still happening. The last apps I downloaded were Gameloft's Skee Ball, and NHL Gamecenter 2010. Could either of these be eating the battery? What else could be going on? Thanks!!
    04-21-11 02:26 PM
    Why not take those latest installed apps off and see if it makes a difference? Also, keep social apps logged off, for a while, when not in use.
    If the battery issue is sorted out by removing certain apps then re-install them one at a time with a couple days between adding the next one.
    12tequilas likes this.
    04-21-11 02:47 PM
    there are many factors that can affect battery life... They have probablly all been covered in other battery related threads, but here's a few quick tips you can try, to see if you notice an improvement.

-Turn off bluetooh, wifi, and/or the radio when not in use

-Make sure you close apps PROPERLY when you are done with them (using the 'bb' button, and then selecting 'exit', or 'close'. or you can use the 'back' button a few times to exit the app. pressing the red 'end' button returns you to the home screen, but leaves the app runnung in the background (eating up precious battery)) you can see what apps are currently running in the background by pressing and holding the 'bb' button for 3 seconds...

-Change individual app's settings to update less frequently (twitter, facebook)... setting them to manual updates would get the best battery life.

-Change the backlight brightness level in the setting. Going from 100% to 40% or 50% will save battery, and chances are you won't even notice.

-Lock the screen when not in use (to turn off the LCD right away, versus putting your phone down on a desk etc... and waiting for the backlight to dim automatically...)

I am sure there are other tips you can find elsewhere, but give these a try, and see if you notice any improvement...
    12tequilas likes this.
    04-21-11 10:38 PM
    Many thanks to both of you! I did delete the NHL free mobile app figuring it could be easily downloaded later, and so far I'm not sure that made a difference, BUT I did take your advice and checked for proper exiting of apps. I had Google Maps still running, as well as the Skee-Ball game! I wish the people at the AT&T store and the device support center would have suggested that before they replaced my battery, which may have been perfectly fine. Shoulda come here first! Thanks again.
    04-22-11 10:11 AM
    You are welcome.
    Also, if you want a sports app (which I can assure you does not excessively drain your phone) then give ScoreMobile a try. Just about everyone here will agree that it's the best overall sports app.
    If you want an ice hockey specific app then I recommend The Hockey News (THN) which is now supported on the Torch.
    Cheers
    04-22-11 10:34 AM
    Hope it works for you. If google maps was running, that might have done it... Google maps+gps is an extreme battery hog...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 10:41 AM
    ^ +1000000
    04-22-11 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD