Hi, ive just got a new battery for my torch.
    i got it from popular auction site.
    it came with a box with 2 connectors one for my old battery and one for the new one.
    i no the batterys for torches hold some information and this box was probably to transfer that information.
    however i have threw the old battery away.
    the phone now had a picture of a battery and a red cross it still attempts to load but never reaches the end.

i think its a case of the phone not recognising the battery and so it won't turn on.

does anyone no a way around this problem?

any help much appritiated..

also (and i no i should list a new thread but whoever can answer this question can probably help me
    i have a bold 9700 you put the battery on itdoes nothing.

the red light flashes on for 3 secs
    off
    and on for 3 secs and then dies?

any help much appritiated

thank you
    05-15-11 11:45 AM
    The torch's battery has a built in code, and the device needs this code to work (anti- counterfit code) the device that comes with the new battery is to copy this code, however I believe it has to be re-coded each time you remove it from the device...

Why you threw away a genuwine product for a knock off I'd beyond me, but regardless, your options are pretty limited at this stage.. You will need to find someone with a real torch battery to "copy" and hope it works in the meantime. Your best bet however, if you cannot recover your old battery, is to purchase a new authentic battery... Check out the crackberry shop. You could then keep both batteries, and 'copy' them. If it were me, I'd throw out the knock off one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 12:18 PM
    Tbrenn is right. everytime you remove the battery, you will need to recode it and you will need the OEM battery to do so LOL. you shouldve just bought an OEM blackberry battery instead of the cheesy knock off. they are poor quality and it voids your warranty.

my only recommendation is to go on the crackberry store and get a real battery.

as for your other issue with the 9700, somehow its nuked. you can try to follow the "How to recover a nuked blackberry" in the how-to section. but i had a Bold 9000 doing the same thing and it was a hardware failure and unable to be recovered.
    05-15-11 07:23 PM
    can you physically identify a knock off battery ? any tips ?
    08-24-11 09:19 AM
    If it is cheap and comes with a code exchange box, then it is not advisable to purchase. If the battery seller says OEM, then it should be okay. However, buy from reputable sources like Crackberry, or Seidio or your local retail store to make sure its right.
    08-24-11 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD