All of the sudden my battery life is extremely short - I used to get 1-2 days solid and now ever since I took a long trip with the 9800 (ATT) tethered to my laptop it's like something happened and now the battery lasts less than two hours at idle with WiFi turned off.

I'm in the process of using BBSAK to nuke & restore from scratch (load OS directly from RIM not from backed up OS & re-configure manually as I had it not from backed up settings).

Any other ideas of what I can do to preserve battery life and/or configure the 9800 Torch (ATT 3G) for minimal battery use?

I live in an area with full 3G coverage 100% of the time and I'm very good at turning on & off the GPS location settings & WiFi when I need/don't need them.

Thx.
    01-29-12 03:37 PM
    I would suggest regularly pressing and holding the Blackberry/Menu key on the phone to make sure there are no applications running in the background. There are some apps that require you to exit from the Menu, instead of just the escape/back key. I was having the same issue, and discovered a lot of my apps were staying opened after I was done using them.

Hope this is of some help, other than this not sure... adjusting backlight settings, etc. may help too.
    01-31-12 01:09 AM
    have you tried a complete drain of the battery and then charging it up?

it could be that your battery is just starting to die out on you. how old is the battery?

try using this battery tester app (after 24-48 hours) it will tell you if your battery needs to be replaced.
    PJW likes this.
    01-31-12 01:25 AM
    All of the sudden my battery life is extremely short - I used to get 1-2 days solid and now ever since I took a long trip with the 9800 (ATT) tethered to my laptop it's like something happened and now the battery lasts less than two hours at idle with WiFi turned off.

I'm in the process of using BBSAK to nuke & restore from scratch (load OS directly from RIM not from backed up OS & re-configure manually as I had it not from backed up settings).

Any other ideas of what I can do to preserve battery life and/or configure the 9800 Torch (ATT 3G) for minimal battery use?

I live in an area with full 3G coverage 100% of the time and I'm very good at turning on & off the GPS location settings & WiFi when I need/don't need them.

Thx.
    1. try to reload OS after a backup and a full wipe, put back manually your 3rd party apps
    2. buy a new battery - I'm a very heavy user, doing a lot of calls during the day, I replace my BB batteries every 7-8 months
    01-31-12 03:03 AM

Thx.

Try to set the network to 2G instead 3G,hope it's help...
    02-03-12 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD