I've seen quite a few posts comparing the Torch battery life to other devices. In some cases it's better, others not as good. How does it stack up to the Storm? I'm looking for input from past S1 owners but I'm sure some of the S2 owners would like to know as well. Thanks!
    09-12-10 03:25 AM
    on my experience (owner of S2 too) the battery life is practically the same but depends a lot from the os u have installed!

-the S2 (9520) with .713 spain is around 1day and half with moderate/heavy use

-the S2 (9520) with lyrcidal hybrid .792 is 2 days and more with moderate/heavy use

-the torch with .214 is around 2 days with moderate/heavy use

on S2 im using a seidio extended battery of 1700mah, on torch the normal one of 1270 mah! so the battery life seems to be stronger on torch
    09-12-10 07:04 AM
    I get almost double out of my 9800. Some of that can be attributed to a newer battery with less cycles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 07:44 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys! That's great news. I get more than adequate battery life out of my S1 so I'll only be better off with the Torch. Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks again.
    Mike
    09-12-10 08:48 AM
    Battery Life for me is the same as the Storm 2. Starting at 7am the battery will last until mid afternoon. Chargers are everywhere, Car, desk, nightstand.
    09-12-10 10:22 AM
    Battery Life for me is the same as the Storm 2. Starting at 7am the battery will last until mid afternoon. Chargers are everywhere, Car, desk, nightstand.
    Wow! Really? What kind of usage do you have going on?
    09-12-10 10:29 AM
    OMG why is your battery life so bad? only lasting until 3PM can't be normal...?
    09-12-10 10:29 AM
    That's definitely not normal. My storm can go for two and a half days.

09-12-10 12:57 PM
    OMG why is your battery life so bad? only lasting until 3PM can't be normal...?
    Depends on how much he uses his device. For some people "heavy" use is a lolBBM conversation, some texts, few emails, calls, and most likely less than 20 minutes web browsing and under an hour if any media playback. For other people like myself heavy use is constant communications via text or emails, hours of media playback usually through streaming radio, often simultaneously while using the web browser or GPS if I'm not working or exercising and probably 3-10 phone calls a day.

if there was something wrong with his device he'd be able to tell almost instantly.

09-12-10 04:19 PM
    Depends on how much he uses his device. For some people "heavy" use is a lolBBM conversation, some texts, few emails, calls, and most likely less than 20 minutes web browsing and under an hour if any media playback. For other people like myself heavy use is constant communications via text or emails, hours of media playback usually through streaming radio, often simultaneously while using the web browser or GPS if I'm not working or exercising and probably 3-10 phone calls a day.

if there was something wrong with his device he'd be able to tell almost instantly.

I completely agree. That's why I asked how much usage he's got going on. Beased on those results, I'd assume he's on it non-stop.
    09-12-10 06:12 PM
    I took mine off charge at 7.30am, 12 hours exactly. A fairly light day for me, about 20SMS, 20 or so emails, some posting here, twitter evert hour and a lot of bbm. I'm now at 84%. That's pretty damn good really for a bright touchscreen phone.

09-12-10 06:31 PM
    I live on it. Between scheduling, emails, calls, & BBM's for work. Any downtime waiting for an appt or lunch date, I'm then on it checking out the news, finances, twitter or sports scores. I even bought the extendo battery for the Storm which really didn't do much. I was told the Torch would do much better with battery life + being on a GSM network, was to be another plus. But same ole same ole. I always have a charge near by.
    09-12-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD