Torch 9800 running the latest leak (.576). It's the best OS battery-wise that I've come across so far, except....

I charged my battery last night before bed and shut my phone off just before midnight. When the alarm turned it on this morning, the battery was drained. After about 5 minutes, it lost power completely.

I've never experienced this before. Anyone else? Not sure if I should post this in the leak forum or here.
    06-17-11 06:56 AM
    See if it happens again. It could mean a broken battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 08:19 AM
    I am having this same problem on a brand new BB Torch 9800 (BB OS 6.0 Bundle 2342 - v6.0.0.526). After fully charging the battery, fully shutdown the device using the Power Off App, wait overnight, attempt to turn on the device in the morning, the battery is completely drained.

Does anyone have any insight to this problem?
    07-03-11 05:01 PM
    There is a possibility that the battery is defective, however, I doubt this. First, LEAVE IT ON, and see if the drain persists. Second, the "power off", is just like putting your computer to sleep, the only true off is without the battery in place.

I have experienced the overnight drain to dead on only a few occasions, either a new OS or Sync/Backup with DesktopManager. And with some searching through the Engineering Screens (if you're new to BB, be careful) and found that the File Index Service and the Unified Search Library will run constantly at high CPU usage to add thumbnails for any photos, music, videos, etc. They also run to catalog emails, texts, browser history, etc.

It should be a one time event.
    toolop75 likes this.
    07-04-11 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD