Normally, I do not let my phone go into the last bit of power on the battery, yesterday was an exception.
    I went to bed last night with the battery icon in the RED.
    I plugged it in and it didn't get to full charge until 10 plus hours later! Is that normal?
    02-06-11 11:57 AM
    That doesn't seem right. Did you plug it into a computer? or a wall charger? I know my BB charges alot slower when attached to a computer.
    02-06-11 12:03 PM
    Hi. I plugged it in the wall with the cube charger.

Maybe it was so depleted that it needed that time to recharge?
    Usually it charges fast otherwise.
    02-06-11 12:27 PM
    That could be it. I haven't gotten my torch below 30%, so I am not sure how it reacts to charging at a lower level.
    02-06-11 12:32 PM
    No way is that normal. I usually gain about 1%/minute regardless of type of charge. I typically recharge 30% in a 30 minute drive home from work using my car charger. I get about the same recharge rate using AC or the USB. I just checked my Berry Meter results from last night on USB. In 42:12 I increased by 42%.

The one thing that can throw you for a loop is if your computer hibernates or sleeps with the USB. Not sure if all are similar, but when that happens on my laptop the USB charge shuts off.
    02-06-11 05:23 PM
    Hi. I plugged it in the wall with the cube charger.

Maybe it was so depleted that it needed that time to recharge?
    Usually it charges fast otherwise.
    That doesn't sound right. How low does the battery usually get before you plug it in, and have you ever noticed how long it takes to charge in 'normal' situations? Mine's been charging full in an hour, although I rarely get below 50% anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 06:07 PM
    No way is that normal. I usually gain about 1%/minute regardless of type of charge. I typically recharge 30% in a 30 minute drive home from work using my car charger. I get about the same recharge rate using AC or the USB. I just checked my Berry Meter results from last night on USB. In 42:12 I increased by 42%.

The one thing that can throw you for a loop is if your computer hibernates or sleeps with the USB. Not sure if all are similar, but when that happens on my laptop the USB charge shuts off.
    I agree that isn't normal, although my battery never gets that low by the time I'm going to bed and charging it again. I checked my MeterBerry as well and I gain about the exact same.
    I'm not sure if the 'StateOfHealth' of the battery matters for how good it charges, but you could always check the StateOfHealth in the eScreen. Mines at 96% and it charges normally.
    02-06-11 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD