So i bought my torch a few days ago and so far the battery life has been a joke. (went from 35% to 5% in about 20 minutes last night and i was only texting)

the back of the phone gets really warm whenever i use it for more than 15 minutes or so...not sure what's up with that

And sometimes my camera doesn't save photos i've just taken and other times it goes completely black when i click on camera (no buttons at the bottom of the screen).

Has anyone else had these problems? Should i return it?

Am running OS .246
    11-19-10 09:16 AM
    The battery issue has been discussed in detail in various threads and the general consensus was, that when it gets hot to the touch, its a defective battery. Camera issues no one has posted about, could just be a bug in the OS load. Have you tried a battery pull to remedy it?

If a battery pull doesn't resolve the issue then you could try reloading the OS.
    11-19-10 09:21 AM
    ok thanks. i have read a few battery threads but unfortunately don't have time to sit and pour over the pages of forums here...
    11-19-10 09:28 AM
    it's not the battery area that gets warm though...it's the bottom on the phone..like by the media card. does this still mean a defective battery?
    11-19-10 09:31 AM
    ok thanks. i have read a few battery threads but unfortunately don't have time to sit and pour over the pages of forums here...
    Reason I said the general consensus was.... I know after reading several threads people get discouraged, and I myself hate reading numerous threads to only find my specific question wasn't answered.

it's not the battery area that gets warm though...it's the bottom on the phone..like by the media card. does this still mean a defective battery?
    I'm not sure as no one actually posted where the device gets hot. whether it was the battery itself or an area of the device that got hot. I have not experienced this issue.

If you have doubts about the device and your within your 30 days. Go have it replaced. better safe then sorry.
    11-19-10 09:38 AM
    My device gets quite warm towards the bottom after a couple minutes of browsing. I wouldn't be worried about that.

If it gets warm when idling I'd say you have a problem!

That said, the battery life you're experiencing is not normal. As Homer suggested, I would try an OS re-load (.337!). Be carful when loading any 3rd party apps back after the re-load. Most battery issues stem from a bad app.
    11-19-10 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD