I've tried scanning barcodes in the app store and it doesn't seem to work. Just curious to know if anyone tried using the barcode scanner in any fashion with success.
    08-28-10 05:36 PM
    I actually did that when I first got it as they took it out of the messenger. It was not working. However for some reason I tried it th eother day and it is working now.

Only two things I could think of that have changed since is 1.. upgraded my OS or 2.. new version of app world.

Try #2 first and see if that fixes it.
    08-28-10 05:51 PM
    I use ScanLife, works quite well for both apps and product barcodes.
    08-28-10 06:14 PM
    Go to BB App World. Press menu and the go to Scan a barcode. Has worked for me so far.
    08-28-10 08:02 PM
    +1 for ScanLife. I find that it works great on the Torch. Your mileage may vary.

C
    08-28-10 08:20 PM
    I have yet to get it to work It seems to send it to video record and sometimes I get the hourglass but it doesn't ever do anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 09:39 PM
    I tried to scan, it locked up for several minutes and the back of my torch (near the bottom) began to feel warm. So i did a battery pull and haven't tried to scan anything since.
    09-07-10 08:15 PM
    I did this and I could not get out of this mode, so I had to do a battery pull. I am running the Official OS (.141). The camera was focusing but nothing would happen. No messages received. I tried pressing the menu and hangup keys including the camera button.

I have not tried ScanLife yet but it looks like it received a low star rating in Bb App World.

-Rich

Go to BB App World. Press menu and the go to Scan a barcode. Has worked for me so far.
    Last edited by richv77; 09-14-10 at 01:19 PM. Reason: fix typo
    09-14-10 01:10 PM
    I did this and I could not get out of this mode, so I had to do a battery pull. I am running the Official OS (.141). The camera was focusing but nothing would happen. No messages received. I tried pressing the menu and hangup keys including the camera button.

I have not tried ScanLife yet but it looks like it received a low star rating in Bb App World.

-Rich
    That wasn't working for me as well... but I think an update to either the OS (161 or 214) or to the App World fixed it.
    09-14-10 01:26 PM
    funny enough i was on the crackberry store today and tried to scan as well i download beetagg and tried the normal one and the beta one and either seemed to work so i tried a diff app in the app store and didn't work either. sure enough the one from app world when you choose to have it scan barcode works perfect. another member on this thread mentioned it too! good work!
    09-14-10 01:40 PM
    it wasn't working for me on .214 ...since then I upgraded to 6.0.0.225 and it STILL doesn't work: no auto-focus on the camera either
    09-14-10 02:05 PM
    barcode scaner doesn't work 6.0.0.225
    09-14-10 02:57 PM
    scanlife hasn't been working for product upc codes for me...as for the 3d codes i've been using app world very successfully...make sure u have the latest app world.
    09-14-10 04:49 PM
    I use ScanLife, works quite well for both apps and product barcodes.
    I haven't gotten that app to scan crap and recognize it.
    09-22-10 11:48 AM
    Google just needs to hurry up and release google goggles for the Blackberry.
    09-22-10 11:56 AM
    i can't speak for app code. but for ScanLife, the trick is to get a perfectly focused picture of the barcode. That being said, your first instinct is to put the camera as close as possible to fill the screen. But our camera sucks at focusing up close, so what i do is move the camera back until the auto focus display a clear image..and then simply digital zoom in, this way, the clarity in the focus is still perfect. This trick has worked flawless when scanning for ScanLife. BTW- i'm on beta .215 incase it matters. happy scanning
    09-22-10 04:26 PM
    Ok, I tried going into BB App World and clicked on Scan Barcode. I focused in on a barcode and pressed the Camera button. Nothing was happening just the red indicator light was flashing.....
    05-16-11 08:06 PM
    Ok, I tried going into BB App World and clicked on Scan Barcode. I focused in on a barcode and pressed the Camera button. Nothing was happening just the red indicator light was flashing.....
    I have the same peoblem, I tried one preloaded with my carrier and it was no go also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 12:21 AM
    app world scan QR barcode only.
    05-17-11 05:58 AM
    Also not to mention it only scans QR codes, you also shouldn't have to press the camera button like your taking a picture. All you should have to do is start the scanner and hold your phone to the code, after a few seconds it should popup with a download link or link to the web, or a link to where the code is for.
    05-17-11 06:48 AM
    I had trouble getting ScanLife to work so I installed i-Nigma. It works pretty well on QR codes.
    05-17-11 10:27 AM
    I use the app world scanner and att code scanner. Both work great in 570. Haven't tried scanlife in a while, but will try it and see if it works. BBM used to work to, but lately its beeps on QR codes and does nothing.
    05-17-11 11:58 AM
    Also not to mention it only scans QR codes, you also shouldn't have to press the camera button like your taking a picture. All you should have to do is start the scanner and hold your phone to the code, after a few seconds it should popup with a download link or link to the web, or a link to where the code is for.
    I kept my phone steady on a barcode and waited more than the approximate amount of time and it still would not scan.

Now when it comes to those other barcodes that sometimes show up on these threads or in Mobihand website, it works.

Care to tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    05-17-11 08:15 PM
    I do not use the barcode scanner there. I downloaded another barcode scanner and install it into my phone. It works perfect. It supports to create many barcode types, including QR Code, Code 39, Code 128, etc.
    08-29-13 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD