Hi
    I have just looked at the Blackberry App Store, and underneath each item in the bottom right corner of the page there is a bar code trype image, titled, "Item QR Code". I'm not sure how this works, but is it possible to scan it in some way with the Torch?
    Thanks
    Bob
    12-05-10 09:22 AM
    Download Scanlife from the App World its the best app for Scanning 2d barcodes of any type!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 09:26 AM
    Go to App World application, click on the BB Menu button, then select "Scan a Barcode". Then, scan the barcode like you would take a picture from your BB and a link will open up.

- Charles
    12-05-10 11:44 AM
    I have tried ScanLife on lots of different barcodes and it never worked for me. Tried one on my BF's Android and it was a whole different world. Why can't ours work as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 06:55 PM
    I have tried ScanLife on lots of different barcodes and it never worked for me. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've yet to get scanlife to work for me either... my AT&T one works fine... I'm about ready to delete scanlife.
    12-06-10 09:47 PM
    There's a QR scanner inside App World, but there's also an amazing QR scanner by The Jared Company. What sets TJC's QR scanner apart from ScanLife is that TJC's version doesn't require you to take a picture of the barcode -- it scans in real time.
    lourenssenm and VideoFrog like this.
    12-06-10 10:52 PM
    scanlife has never worked even one time for me.
    12-07-10 08:48 AM
    +1 for QR code scanner (hated the fact that scanlife needed to take a photo to work...).

As Chaddeus already said, you can use the built-in scanner in App World.
    12-07-10 09:35 AM
    There's a QR scanner inside App World, but there's also an amazing QR scanner by The Jared Company. What sets TJC's QR scanner apart from ScanLife is that TJC's version doesn't require you to take a picture of the barcode -- it scans in real time.
    On my computer and on my Blackberry 9800 I signed on to JaredCo BlackBerry App Store and could not find QR scanner application. Any assistance on where to purchase this app would be appreciated.
    12-07-10 12:00 PM
    On my computer and on my Blackberry 9800 I signed on to JaredCo BlackBerry App Store and could not find QR scanner application. Any assistance on where to purchase this app would be appreciated.
    BlackBerry App World - QR Code Scanner Pro

You can use the built-in scanner in App World to scann the barcode on the webpage (irony, anyone....)
    Jerry5k likes this.
    12-07-10 01:19 PM
    QR Scanner Pro (Jared) works like a charm for me. Captures the scan in seconds without taking any picture. Recommended!
    12-07-10 02:25 PM
    Thanks-Downloaded the app and it works great. Just a senior citizen (71) trying to keep current on usefull uses on my BB9800 Torch.
    12-07-10 03:00 PM
    Thanks-Downloaded the app and it works great. Just a senior citizen (71) trying to keep current on usefull uses on my BB9800 Torch.
    Not a problem. I work in mobile and most of the 30-somethings around here don't even know what a QR code is! I think you're doing just fine
    12-07-10 04:17 PM
    It is actually sad that we can't get an app that does what Scanlife is supposed to do. The camera should be good enough to provide a usable scancode, but I've never had it work either. I don't know if it the RIM SDK or what the problem is, but it is missing "hot" factor. The iPhone does it in one take and the app is flawless. I love my Torch and there is a ton it can do, but it would be nice to have this during holidays. I've tried them all and they just don't work.
    12-08-10 11:09 PM
    I used this barcode tool to read qr code. Share it with you.
    09-11-13 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD