So before I go into the store I'm texting and my phones working fine, i walk out and the backlight isn't working. I've pulled the battery several times, and still nothing, I can press on the dialpad and hear it work and stuff I just can't see anything. Theres no water damage and I didn't drop it before I went into the store or anything. I just don't understand, and I really don't think at&t will give me a new one. I'm going tommorow but I just don't know what to do.
    07-09-11 10:48 PM
    By backlight not working, you mean the screen is not illuminating at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 11:44 PM
    I guess he means the screen is not turning on with the "i can't see anything".
    07-09-11 11:51 PM
    So before I go into the store I'm texting and my phones working fine, i walk out and the backlight isn't working. I've pulled the battery several times, and still nothing, I can press on the dialpad and hear it work and stuff I just can't see anything. Theres no water damage and I didn't drop it before I went into the store or anything. I just don't understand, and I really don't think at&t will give me a new one. I'm going tommorow but I just don't know what to do.
    Crazy question, but you didn't just accidently lock the screen did you? I do it all the time

07-10-11 10:01 AM
    Crazy question, but you didn't just accidently lock the screen did you? I do it all the time

Even if you lock the phone,when you hit any key the screen would light up & tell you that the Phone is locked.
    07-10-11 11:13 AM
    Even if you lock the phone,when you hit any key the screen would light up & tell you that the Phone is locked.
    Agreed. At&t will be able to get you into a refurbished model no problem. All of these are still under the one year warranty. Try plugging it into your desktop manager to see if you can get a good back up before you turn it in.

Good luck!
    07-10-11 11:17 AM
    Weird timing. Yesterday mine got really dim, like about a dimmed level 1. I got mine wet a week or so ago, and all was fine until yesterday. I now have it set to 100 with no auto dimming and can barely see it indoors. I'm reloading the os now to see if that helps. Please post a follow up with your progress.
    07-10-11 12:06 PM
    Weird timing. Yesterday mine got really dim, like about a dimmed level 1. I got mine wet a week or so ago, and all was fine until yesterday. I now have it set to 100 with no auto dimming and can barely see it indoors. I'm reloading the os now to see if that helps. Please post a follow up with your progress.

That is weird for a new device to act like that. I will be interested to see the follow up if it fixed it. Thanks!
    07-10-11 12:09 PM
    That is weird for a new device to act like that. I will be interested to see the follow up if it fixed it. Thanks!
    Not new - I've had it since release day. The water was enough to trigger the indicator on the battery, but not the indicator just above the battery. I'm guessing there will be another hidden indicator that will void any warranty claim. But reloading the os didn't help, so I've got nothing to lose and I'll see what ATT says. I should probably buy a replacement battery first to avoid that red flag.
    07-10-11 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD