When I back up my info, when i get my new torch do i just restore as usual? someone explain how they did it please.
    01-23-11 08:12 PM
    When I back up my info, when i get my new torch do i just restore as usual? someone explain how they did it please.
    Yes, you just restore as usual and your info will be on your Torch.
    01-23-11 08:46 PM
    I would do a selective restore and only restore contacts, calendar, and messages. Some app settings that are not compatible with the Torch could cause the Torch to have problems or lagging.
    homer1475 likes this.
    01-23-11 09:13 PM
    I would do a selective restore and only restore contacts, calendar, and messages. Some app settings that are not compatible with the Torch could cause the Torch to have problems or lagging.
    pb is right on.
    usually, I use the device switch feature where you plug in your old device and your new one and it switches everything over. In this case, since you're gonna go from preOS6 to OS6, you may or may not get conflicts. I did.
    Solution-- do a backup of your current device, just the essentials. No apps, no profile settings... nothing. Just the basic stuff you'd sync with outlook.
    Restore THAT file into your new Torch and you're in business. (with no errors or headaches)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    homer1475 likes this.
    01-24-11 06:02 AM
    Ditto. When you are done, you can re-install and re-register any compatible apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    homer1475 likes this.
    01-24-11 06:10 AM
    All 3 above me are completely correct.

We have seen to many times now when people use the device switch wizard some odd behavior with their torch. Just do a backup of the essentials, email, sms/mms messages, phone book, and contacts. Leave the rest to be setup as a new device.
    01-24-11 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD