For some odd reason my back button stops working when i'm at Crackberry.com. I've tested out other websites like YouTube and Facebook, btw all mobile sites, but they all work fine. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 06:20 PM
    Working fine for me. Interesting problem. I hope someone has an explanation.

12-29-10 06:28 PM
    Working fine for me. Interesting problem. I hope someone has an explanation.

Yeah, how ironic eh.

12-29-10 06:32 PM
    So nothing happens at all when you push the back button?

I've had it happen a time or two before where it asked me if I wanted to close the tab on a certain website. I thought I was just holding the back button down too long until I did it a few times in a row to test it out. Seems that while I was connected to the university's wifi, it would make the connection act funny - campus tech support didn't know why. As soon as I would disconnect wifi or use a different hotspot, no problems.

Could be where you are connecting - like with what happened to me?
    12-29-10 06:38 PM
    So nothing happens at all when you push the back button?

I've had it happen a time or two before where it asked me if I wanted to close the tab on a certain website. I thought I was just holding the back button down too long until I did it a few times in a row to test it out. Seems that while I was connected to the university's wifi, it would make the connection act funny - campus tech support didn't know why. As soon as I would disconnect wifi or use a different hotspot, no problems.

Could be where you are connecting - like with what happened to me?
    No I mean I can't go back to the last page I visted WiFi and 3G. But if I hold it it asks me to exit the browser which is normal. And this only happens at Crackberry.com.

12-29-10 07:07 PM
    It was this website that gave me problems on the campus wifi. But it was fine when I went to 3G. I was thinking it might be related to a certain area you are in when you are connecting. Mine was related to just the campus alone.

hmmm...it's odd. I hope you can figure it out. It wouldn't be right have a bb and not be able to access this site from it.
    12-29-10 07:16 PM
    It was this website that gave me problems on the campus wifi. But it was fine when I went to 3G. I was thinking it might be related to a certain area you are in when you are connecting. Mine was related to just the campus alone.

hmmm...it's odd. I hope you can figure it out. It wouldn't be right have a bb and not be able to access this site from it.
    I can access it fine but when I hit the back button nothing happens. So whenever I want to go back I'd have to click on the type of device in this case the "Blackberry Torch 9800" link on the top.

12-29-10 07:23 PM
    This occasionally happens to me with ALL the hard buttons, including the convenience key, lock screen key,the works. Nothing but a battery pull X 2 will fix it.

I've got a warranty thingamajig in with my carrier. Probably means a new handset for me (ugh).
    12-29-10 07:41 PM
    This happens to me occasionally. I use the menu button and then press back.

Edit: only happens with the back button for me.

12-29-10 07:45 PM
    This happens to me occasionally. I use the menu button and then press back.

Edit: only happens with the back button for me.

Yeah thanks for the work around. I just realized the lock button won't respond either.

12-29-10 07:59 PM
    I just ran into this problem again and the lock button did not work, nor did the return button. Backspace on the keyboard worked, as did the send, end, and menu key. I forgot to try the convenience key.

12-29-10 10:01 PM
    I've had this happen now and again, but only in the browser, nowhere else. And only the back button.
    Another work around to try: if you click or highlight the drop down navigation field at the top of the screen (the url, search, tabs bit)you'll be able to use the back button after that (works for me, think I got that from another thread here on CB).

12-30-10 01:45 AM
    i'm guessing this is an OS related bug and hopefully not a hardware issue.

12-30-10 02:13 AM
    i'm guessing this is an OS related bug and hopefully not a hardware issue.

I would sy for sure... It's never happened in any other circumstance for me other than in the browser. The work around fixes it as does closing thge browser and re opening it...

12-30-10 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD