Cripes, that's less than the new Pearl INCLUDING the rebate.

Funny part is that even with a two-page spread dedicated to the single-model iPhone, they don't even list the price! (If you gotta ask...)
    11-30-10 10:04 AM
    Seriously, complain all you want about verizon but they do offer the best plans when it come to BB's and the right price. At&t is the biggest rip-off money wise I had ever encountered.

They lower the price of their phones, yet make up for it with the cost of service. Which I mind you sux and customer service is even worse. Just google it!
    11-30-10 10:25 AM
    In my neck of the woods verizon doesn't even work while I have perfect coverage with AT&T(my friends at work always ask to use my phone lol). Largest network my a$$ lol.

Finding info on customer service over the web is funny. Just look at this website for example, typically the only people that post are the ones having problems not the ones that are completely satisfied.

I have never had any problem with customer service and I have called them numerous times in the last 15 or so years. Always nice and helpful.

I will grant you their plans are slightly more expensive, but I am happy to pay a few extra dollars for peace of mind that when I pick up my phone I can actually use it because I have service.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-30-10 at 10:41 AM.
    dr_myles likes this.
    11-30-10 10:39 AM
    In my neck of the woods (Albany, NY) the service drops "constantly" I'm glad you had and continue to have excellent responses from at&t's customer support. For many this has not been the case. I to can sleep at night knowing that when I surf the web or compose quite a few txt messages, it's not gonna cost me an arm and leg =)
    11-30-10 10:54 AM
    I won't argue with you because were all different in what we like. For me and my neck of the woods(old forge, NY), its AT&T all the way. FYI my brother in law has verizon and absolutely hates there customer service(cited being rude and unhelpful at all when his device died). It's all objectionably on who's is better depending on your experience.
    11-30-10 11:02 AM
    On a side note...

Now that we have successfully derailed this thread, I'm going to leave it at this post.
    11-30-10 11:05 AM
    I ordered my torch for $99 a few days ago, days before my upgrade through AT&T, aside from him telling me it'd be here today and it's not...I was satisfied with the experience.

Going back into the debate, I don't get that Verizon is cheaper...I looked into switching to Verizon as all of my friends had it and to get the same plan I have with AT&T it would've been like $5 more. Also, the only place I've had issues with coverage in NY is down in some rinkydink town by Poughkeepsie, I frequently travel in Lake Placid, Saranac, Tupper (AKA "Verizon Territory") and I've had better service up there than my Verizon friends.

Anyway, I was pleased to get the phone for $99 AND to be able to upgrade early, the guy even tried getting me a refurb for $.01 but he didn't have any in the store.
    11-30-10 05:11 PM
    I use At&t and my father uses verizon and when we drive up North (northern minnesota) i will have service almost all the way up into Canada, while my father will lose service 3 hours outside of the cities
    at&t is definitely worth the little bit extra dough
    11-30-10 05:19 PM
    I can back this up. I went to northern Michigan with both an AT&T and a Verizon phone. Up around Lake Superior, AT&T was going strong and all I got was a bar or two on Verizon.
    11-30-10 05:33 PM
    I'll also hear friends complain that they don't like how AT&T charges more monthly... yeah there's no difference compared to verizon. Minute plans are the same, text plans are the same, and if you look at it, it appears you get more for your but on data. Wish AT&T kept the unlimited option...but whatever.
    11-30-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD