WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

08-12-10 11:27 AM
    How? I only see $199.99
    08-12-10 11:47 AM
    Here's the break down (left side)

08-12-10 12:01 PM
    Hmm that is odd, when i go to check-out it gives me the $199.99 price and all the way up to the complete order page it says nothing about "upgrading" or extending a contract.

i'm currently month-to-month - wonder if i can buy the phone for $199 without the contract extension? nothing has said i needed to extend. also, did you have to select a new data plan? it allowed me to just buy the phone without selecting anything.

i would rather keep my unlimited enterprise data plan and not have to switch to the 2gb one when i upgrade.
    08-12-10 12:15 PM
    Hmm that is odd, when i go to check-out it gives me the $199.99 price and all the way up to the complete order page it says nothing about "upgrading" or extending a contract.

i'm currently month-to-month - wonder if i can buy the phone for $199 without the contract extension? nothing has said i needed to extend. also, did you have to select a new data plan? it allowed me to just buy the phone without selecting anything.

i would rather keep my unlimited enterprise data plan and not have to switch to the 2gb one when i upgrade.
    uncdwm- All i did was log into my account, check upgrade availability, clicked on my phone (bold 9000), and was redirected to the purchase phone page. I checked BlackBerry, and it had the whole lineup of BBs to choose from....Torch being one of the. Thats pretty much it.

**I did not have to select a new data plan....i just stuck w/my current data plan which is unlimited data $30.00, and unlimited family text $30.00. CHECKED OUT....DONE DEAL!
    08-12-10 12:25 PM
    I also had the same discount on line. How long have you been ATT customer? If you've been with them for several years you can ask them to give you addtl discount. It's worth a shot.
    08-12-10 12:28 PM
    ^^ Bocajrs0 is right. Here is the explanation per AT&T:

08-12-10 12:34 PM
    I just realized i may be eligible for addtl $50. I'm on the phone with ATT rep as we speak.
    08-12-10 12:43 PM
    ^^ GL! let us know how it goes!
    08-12-10 01:02 PM
    No luck on addtl $50 because my line is only $80/month. Has to be over $99 to get addtl $50 off. Oh well
    08-12-10 01:13 PM
    After reading this, I called at&t and asked for the 50 dollar discount. She could not find it anywhere in the system. She kindly gave me a 50 dollar credit to my account because i saw it on the website. Lucky me!
    I take back 5 bad things i've said about AT&t.
    08-12-10 01:42 PM
    Attachment 69559

Im back on the horn with ATT. There are deals springing up everywhere. You could actually renew via Wirefly and get it for $99.99.
    08-12-10 02:04 PM
    ATT gave me addtl $50 credit towards my account..so life's great!!!
    08-12-10 02:13 PM
    No luck on addtl $50 because my line is only $80/month. Has to be over $99 to get addtl $50 off. Oh well
    You should totally call them again. If your bill is over $99 you get $100 off, but if your bill is between $59 to $98 (which most BB users at least pay with a data plan), you get $50 off. I'm in the same boat: my bill is less than $99. I just called, and they gave me the $50 credit with no hesitation. She actually had no clue what I was talking about but trusted me and gave me the credit. In retrospect, I should have asked for a $100 credit, ha, but I'm grateful for the $50.

Good luck!

EDIT: I just saw your post saying you got the credit, so rock on! And if anyone pays $99+, go for the $100 credit!
    Last edited by Grantith; 08-12-10 at 03:51 PM.
    08-12-10 03:49 PM
    I had already received the $50 discount but was pissed that wirefly had this deal for $99.99. I had contacted ATT twice to no avail regarding getting an addtl $50 off so i decided to call a third time. I complained about this ad (wirefly for $99.99) and they gave me an addtl $50 credit on my acct. So in the end i got $100 eventhough i dont have a $99+ phone plan.
    08-12-10 05:44 PM
    I don't get it - called 2x and both people said they could not "price match" by giving me any kind of loyalty discount - that is only available through the online website channel. when i mentioned the wirefly price being the same they said they couldn't price match that either.

any ideas? my monthly bill is $125/mth and i am NOT under contract
    Last edited by uncdwm; 08-12-10 at 07:48 PM.
    08-12-10 05:57 PM
    spoke with premier, customer care (1800-331-0500, 611), and even customer retention and no one could sell me the phone for any less than $200. they said the loyalty offer expired in march, if i was eligible for any offers it would automatically be on my account, and also that they can't waive the upgrade fee or activation fee even though right in my premier account it says both are waived. WTF, i would even go for the $50 off or the online discount at this point. i wasted 2hrs on the phone and i think i've decided to just move my 4 lines over to verizon since i am not under any contract.
    08-12-10 07:48 PM
    I paid the $149 today. When I checked my upgrade status, the $50 savings was on it. I printed that out and took it with me to the store just to be sure. No issues at all.
    08-12-10 07:53 PM
    I tried to order it online last night, but the system was down. I was up early, and decided to try to get the phone online instead of fight a potential crowd at the store.

Luckily, I looked on this site first!! There were deals from $99 to $149. So, I called AT&T and asked what the deal was. I was put through to a very accommodating customer service rep who said they could not match prices, but would see what she could do.

She ended up getting the phone price reduced to $149. Then she gave me an instant credit on my current bill for $50. Free shipping, too!

So, yeah...kudos to AT&T customer service!

1 hour on the phone: at my billing rate of $200/hr? $200
    3 cups of coffee: $12.51
    $99 phone, AND free shipping? Without leaving the house??? PRICELESS! LOL!

Would have spent at least that much time in the store, and this way, never left the house.
    08-12-10 08:13 PM
    I tried to order it online last night, but the system was down. I was up early, and decided to try to get the phone online instead of fight a potential crowd at the store.

Luckily, I looked on this site first!! There were deals from $99 to $149. So, I called AT&T and asked what the deal was. I was put through to a very accommodating customer service rep who said they could not match prices, but would see what she could do.

She ended up getting the phone price reduced to $149. Then she gave me an instant credit on my current bill for $50. Free shipping, too!

So, yeah...kudos to AT&T customer service!

1 hour on the phone: at my billing rate of $200/hr? $200
    3 cups of coffee: $12.51
    $99 phone, AND free shipping? Without leaving the house??? PRICELESS! LOL!

Would have spent at least that much time in the store, and this way, never left the house.

did you call 800-331-0500 / 611? were you premier or just regular customer? do you know what she used to apply the credit? no one knows how to get the $50 or $100 off applied for me - i'm thinking maybe b/c my line gets an employer discount on premier? not sure why the $149 or $199 doesn't automatically attach. i've told them about the upgrade advantage and loyalty deal and no one has ever heard of it and they know i've already called in tonight 2x
    08-12-10 09:03 PM
    It was through Premier. I first called customer care (business...), and the put me through to a premier rep. She had to look at my history, etc., and said she needed to talk to her supervisor, but came back with the deal. I mentioned the $99 deal, and she said that she'd credit my account another $50.

I don't know...like anyplace that has a calling center, I think it depends on who you get. I can sort of tell right off the bat if I'm going to be able to get a rep to understand and work with me...and the first time I called, the rep I reached must have had the IQ of a pet rock. So, I just called back and went through the process. I think there is a work around they need to do if they're going to help you out...just need to get the luck of the draw, and someone who is willing to go to bat for you!
    08-13-10 02:26 AM
    Do you guys have to pay for $18 upgrade fee?????

This is weird...???

By upgrade the phone from Premier I am automatically enrolled in the new 2 year plan right???

Thanks in advance!
    08-13-10 03:46 AM
    It was through Premier. I first called customer care (business...), and the put me through to a premier rep. She had to look at my history, etc., and said she needed to talk to her supervisor, but came back with the deal. I mentioned the $99 deal, and she said that she'd credit my account another $50.

I don't know...like anyplace that has a calling center, I think it depends on who you get. I can sort of tell right off the bat if I'm going to be able to get a rep to understand and work with me...and the first time I called, the rep I reached must have had the IQ of a pet rock. So, I just called back and went through the process. I think there is a work around they need to do if they're going to help you out...just need to get the luck of the draw, and someone who is willing to go to bat for you!
    i called in again and was able to order it for $149. she said my account is noted that if i send in my email proof that i should get $100 off they'll credit my account but not to count on it. had to sweet talk the lady to get priority shipping and waive the $18 upgrade fee even though both are already supposed to be waived by my premier discount (and also the $50 statement credit that invariably won't be applied). she said it would be about 2-4 business days to arrive. wonder if i should call back in and order a screen protector from AT&T - i think they are like $12 and are privacy screens which is nice, but i had no idea if it fits my phone or what.
    08-13-10 03:54 PM
    I should qualify for the upgrade discount, but when they put a secondary line on my account they made that the main line. So my BB had only a 9.99 family share plan on it which didn't make it qualify for the extra 50 off. I called and complained. It took about 4 calls, but I did get a $100 credit for my next bill.

It should be 24+ months with voice and data over $69, save $50 over 2 year price
    and 24+ months with voice and data over @100 save $100 over 2 year price.
    08-13-10 08:14 PM
    More reasons I need to return this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD