Hi...I been reading post after post but didn't see anybody ask my question,so i will and forgive if they did and i didn't see it. I have a torch and am going to Macau and then to Bangkok.If i unlock it what do i need to do to be able to use it over there and will i be able to use my BBM with my family back in Canada? I am with Telus and i have a data plan with them.
    12-03-10 11:17 AM
    I went to macau in june. All you need is an international data plan. You dont need to unlock your phone unless you plan to use an asia sim card. I got 25mb plan with rogers and it was more than enough. But i turned off all emails etc.. to make sure you dont go through the data plan too fast. I just used bbm to talk to my gf back home everyday and no issues.
    12-03-10 12:48 PM
    Agree on the international data plan. I'm off to Ireland for the Christmas holidays, and that's what I'll be using.
    I won't be on the phone too much...I'll be with family and friends. I'll just have it as an emergency lifeline.i

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 01:15 PM
    qbnkelt AT&T's international plans are CRAP. I'm going to try a European sim on T mobile or O2 or someone when I get there to see if it's any cheaper. 100 meg for 120 dollars? that's freaking STUPID. especially when it appears t-mobile (in europe, not related to the US company) is like 15 bucks for data. Period. They seem to have several pay as you go plans. Just a thought.
    12-03-10 01:39 PM
    It is a thought....Vodafone and O2 are options. T-Mobile is not in Ireland.
    I can also use my sis' SIM card - she smooches off me well enough!!!

12-03-10 01:54 PM
    qbnkelt AT&T's international plans are CRAP. I'm going to try a European sim on T mobile or O2 or someone when I get there to see if it's any cheaper. 100 meg for 120 dollars? that's freaking STUPID. especially when it appears t-mobile (in europe, not related to the US company) is like 15 bucks for data. Period. They seem to have several pay as you go plans. Just a thought.
    I agree, Qbnkelt should look for a prepaid BB data plan in Ireland or something.
    12-03-10 01:55 PM
    I'll check...- won't be on the phone too much....there's too much pub crawling to be done after the babies are tucked in....

12-03-10 02:13 PM
    I'll check...- won't be on the phone too much....there's too much pub crawling to be done after the babies are tucked in....

sometimes I wish I didn't have Internet access on my phone whenever I go pub crawling.
    12-03-10 02:16 PM
    LOL!!!! Thing is, Irish pubs can stay open late as long as they play live music, so you get the best and noisiest music in the tiniest pubs in the most out of the way places....which where I'll be.
    Wish I could send you a video!

12-03-10 02:30 PM
    @Original poster: I apologize for the thread hijack

LOL!!!! Thing is, Irish pubs can stay open late as long as they play live music, so you get the best and noisiest music in the tiniest pubs in the most out of the way places....which where I'll be.
    Wish I could send you a video!

You can always upload it to Youtube from your Torch.
    12-03-10 02:39 PM
    Oh, yeah, OP.....sorry!

You can come along pub crawling, if you like!

Culex - I can see that....

And on other news, an American mid level government official was taken into custody for drunk and disorderly conduct. She claimed her actions were meant as a video log to be used in an internet technical support website referred to as crackberry forum. The allegations that crack was involved were later dropped post a lengthy explanation of American slang.
    Film at 11.

12-03-10 02:50 PM
    I guess i better get a Asia sim card because i will be out there till April and will using it and was wondering if i can get a data plan on a pay as you go sim card out there
    12-04-10 05:07 PM
    I guess i better get a Asia sim card because i will be out there till April and will using it and was wondering if i can get a data plan on a pay as you go sim card out there
    If you are going to be there more than a week or two then you will definitely want to explore a local SIM card and/or a prepaid BlackBerry plan.
    12-04-10 06:39 PM
    You can also try to use public/hotel Wifi to connect to BIS/BES as much as possible while overseas..that will save you some roaming data charges.

12-04-10 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD