I got a message to update Appworld to 3.1.1.21 from current 3.1.0.56. I did this and Appworld icon does not appear. Made sure hidden icons in view and checked all folders - nothing. I am using OS 6 bundle 2647.

Tried several times Application Management, Deleted Appworld, Re-booted, Pulled battery. Cleared cache on browser. Re-downloaded from blackberry.com using mobile browser. Re-installed Appworld 3.1.1.21.

Still nothing. Did this a few times to be sure.

Do I have to revert back to 3.1.056? How do I revert to previous version of Appworld? Download links only have latest (problematic) 3.1.1.21

This is a frustrating bug that should be fixed!! I saw this problem in the forums dating back to 2010.
    03-07-12 12:03 PM
    I fixed the problem. Strangely enough I was perusing the comments in blog section regarding the announcement of new Appworld 3.1.1.21 and saw an alternative download site rroyy.com/ota and downloaded Appworld 3.1.1.21 from there. The file was smaller only 1.7 MB compared to the 2.2 MB on the official blackberry.com site.

I downloaded, installed on top of the non-functional 3.1.1.21, re-booted, and voila --- the icon is there again and it works!! I wonder if there is problem with the official file on blackberry site, it's odd that it's bigger than the one on rroyy.com/ota.
    03-07-12 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD