What is the future for the original Torch? I really like the phone, but I am disappointed in the apps available. One of the main ones i used on my Bold 9000 was the Sirius app. It is available for other devices, but not the Torch. A few others I would like to have are the same way. Is it up to Sirius or RIM to decide when and if apps will be available? I also understand the Torch will not be able to run the new OS 6.1. It makes me feel like those of us who jumped on the original Torch are getted shorted with the new OS and new Torch coming out one year later, and we will be left behind.

Just curious what others are thinking, or am I totally wrong???
    04-16-11 08:06 PM
    Not sure about Sirius as I don't use it. I'm guessing the reason there isn't a Torch version lies with Sirius as opposed to RIM. Have you tried to install the Storm version?

Obviously, if you're paying for Sirius you probably wanna use it, but there are free radio apps available for the Torch like TuneIn.
    04-16-11 10:36 PM
    Not sure about Sirius as I don't use it. I'm guessing the reason there isn't a Torch version lies with Sirius as opposed to RIM. Have you tried to install the Storm version?

Obviously, if you're paying for Sirius you probably wanna use it, but there are free radio apps available for the Torch like TuneIn.
    I've tried the other versions and they don't work on the Torch. I emailed Sirius and the only response was "we don't have a version for the Torch." Well, duh! I can see that on the website. I was asking when they would have one.

I do use Nobex for radio streaming (not bad), and I have Sirius in the car and on PC, but it just kind of irks me that I can't have it on my shiny new phone!
    04-16-11 10:56 PM
    Where is it written that 6.1 will not work on the Torch? If it will be on future non QNX BlackBerrys then I think it's possible it may work on the 9800/9780.

Have you given the TuneIn Radio App a try. Its excellent and 100% free. You may come across some stations that require subscriptions though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/an...98/index2.html
    04-17-11 08:21 AM
    Where is it written that 6.1 will not work on the Torch? If it will be on future non QNX BlackBerrys then I think it's possible it may work on the 9800/9780.

Have you given the TuneIn Radio App a try. Its excellent and 100% free. You may come across some stations that require subscriptions though.

I don't know that it is written that it will not work on the Torch - I've just read on other forums some comments that it may not. Obviously, until it is released we're all just guessing.

I did try the tunein app, but I actually like the sound quality on the Nobex Radio Companion a lot better. I have a free version that just has a short ad when you start it, but otherwise it's just streaming radio. Most any station I would want to listen to are there.
    04-17-11 04:50 PM
    What is the future for the original Torch? I really like the phone, but I am disappointed in the apps available. One of the main ones i used on my Bold 9000 was the Sirius app. It is available for other devices, but not the Torch. A few others I would like to have are the same way. Is it up to Sirius or RIM to decide when and if apps will be available? I also understand the Torch will not be able to run the new OS 6.1. It makes me feel like those of us who jumped on the original Torch are getted shorted with the new OS and new Torch coming out one year later, and we will be left behind.

Just curious what others are thinking, or am I totally wrong???
    Here in Canada you can use sirius through your provider. Works well. It cost $8.00/month
    04-17-11 09:59 PM

Tunein radio rock's. Free and highly recommend, AA+++
    04-17-11 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD