Good day everyone

just got an unlocked Torch from Rogers ex pat, and installed my Fido sim card.
    The 'phone' works, however, I cannot get my web browser or bbm to initiate with phone.
    the tech support at Fido didn't know how to access set up for IP or Apn so here I am.
    does anyone know how to access set up menu for these functions on a torch 9800?

thanks
    06-26-11 05:23 AM
    options/ device/ advanced system settings/ TCP IP. once you're there, tick off "apn settings enabled" then tick off "apn authentication enabled" then fill in username-- fido,,, and password-- fido ( both all lower case letters).

note: even without these settings, your browser on wifi and bbm should be working.
    -is your data plan a blackberry data plan?
    - were you on a BB before the torch? if so-- did you do a "device swap?

sounds more like you need service books than TCP IP settings but try it just the same

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 06:41 AM
    Same phone as poster (unlocked Rogers Torch) My TCP IP settings, unchecked, unchecked, blank and blank.

I think tedzone has the right idea about the data plan. After purchasing a data plan. You then set up your Blackberry Email which registers your device.
    Last edited by Languid_Pollices; 06-26-11 at 09:43 AM.
    06-26-11 09:35 AM
    Has to have the correct data plan to pick up 3G ..
    06-26-11 08:00 PM
    options/ device/ advanced system settings/ TCP IP. once you're there, tick off "apn settings enabled" then tick off "apn authentication enabled" then fill in username-- fido,,, and password-- fido ( both all lower case letters).

note: even without these settings, your browser on wifi and bbm should be working.
    -is your data plan a blackberry data plan?
    - were you on a BB before the torch? if so-- did you do a "device swap?

sounds more like you need service books than TCP IP settings but try it just the same

in addition to what tedzone mentioned, the APN should be changed to internet.fido.ca
    06-27-11 01:11 PM
    in addition to what tedzone mentioned, the APN should be changed to internet.fido.ca
    sorry bout that. you're absolutely right.

06-27-11 09:18 PM
    Are you sure?

I reiterate,

My TCP IP settings;

APN Settings Enabled (no check mark)
    APN (blank)
    APN Authentication Enabled (no check mark)
    Usename for APN (blank)
    Password for APN (blank)

Fido Data plan myself, (Rogers wireless carrier). 3G working after I set up my BB Fido email myself.
    Fido customer service won't offer assistance/support on another carriers unlocked phone. I was told this at the kiosk when I upgraded my service. Offered to setup the 8250 Curve I bought. But wouldn't touch the unlocked Torch I had.

Read post #4 by freethisberrydotcom
    Last edited by Languid_Pollices; 06-27-11 at 09:36 PM.
    06-27-11 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD