I haven't found another way to delete the browser's history other than a battery pull or softreset. I know going into the browsers option menu allows you to delete the history. This doesn't get rid of the files though. If you go into browser history on the home screen search you find the files you deleted.I started using the soft reset cause I messed up 2 sd cards by puLling the battery. I was pulling the battery cause the keys on the torch is sorta hard for me to get the 3 shortcut keys to soft reset the device. There just has to be a better way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 06:23 PM
    Hi 13echo4,

When you are in your browser, did you press the bb button>history>bb button again > clear all. This always clears the browser history for me and all the files from the home screen.
    jcp007 likes this.
    12-20-10 07:32 PM
    And the there is the memory cleaner under security options.

jcp007 likes this.
    12-20-10 08:00 PM
    Neither of these work for me. Yes I did know about them. Does this really work for yall? I don't know anybody w/ a torch to check against.

12-20-10 11:30 PM
    Yeah, this has always worked for me. All history and it's folders are cleared out with it.
    It's odd that this or shansmi's way doesn't work for you. It's still soon. Others may come about with other options. Hopefully something will pop up that will help you.
    12-21-10 12:08 AM
    Ok. What the OP means is that "universal search" will display browser history that has already been deleted from wirhin the browser. Try it, it works (you might not like it). Batt pull will clear it. Guess unchecking browser history in options, device, search would stop this... :-)

12-21-10 12:23 AM
    Whoops! Sorry! And that is why you are a Genius and I a lowly User. )
    12-21-10 12:36 AM
    Pulling the battery ruined your SD cards? Never heard of that one happening and I pull my battery sometimes 10 times a day beta testing this and that.
    12-21-10 06:16 AM
    May seem obvious, but when your browser is open have you tried this. Hit the BB key and select options. At the bottom of the internet options menu is a selection that allows you to delete history, cache, cookies and pushed content.
    12-21-10 06:29 AM
    May seem obvious, but when your browser is open have you tried this. Hit the BB key and select options. At the bottom of the internet options menu is a selection that allows you to delete history, cache, cookies and pushed content.
    The history you have just deleted will still show up on a "universl search" from homescreen.

12-21-10 11:50 AM
    Do what people have said about cleaning out history. When your finished and sitting in the browser menu hit the bb key>close. Open it back up and see if your history is still there.

12-21-10 12:27 PM
    Do what people have said about cleaning out history. When your finished and sitting in the browser menu hit the bb key>close. Open it back up and see if your history is still there.

The history is deleted in the Browser's history folder. That I'm not worried about. From the home screen if you do a search you'll see the browser history folder and all the history you deleted is still there. A battary pull or soft reset is the only thing thst'll clear it.
    Yep I believe pulling the battery has messed up my sd cards. The 1st one I caulked up that I jad it for awhile. It was a 8gb that I've used on a few devices now. I do a lot of yesting myself and just really started playing w/ mu torch. So I went to a backup sd card amd it lasted 2 weeks so then I went and boigjt a new 16gb card it made it 3 days. I took it back and got it swapped. Its been 2 weeks w/ no problem amd only thing I'm doing different is the soft reset instead of the battery pull. Only reason I was pulling battery is because the keys are harder to hit at the same time on the totch.

12-21-10 06:23 PM
    Why not remove browser history from the search options?
    12-21-10 06:30 PM
    Guess unchecking browser history in options, device, search would stop this... :-)

It might stop the browser history from being in the results. That's not the problem. The problem is the history is still around. I think its messed up you have to do something drastic to delete history files.

12-21-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD