Who is training you guys? I am currently standing in an AT&T store that has 15 people working and no one new what a Dell Streak is or that they were selling it in 2 day. They looked online and said that phone is only sold on line. I wonder what they would have said if I asked about the X10.

I came to test a torch again. The usb port on this one is already lose and the clock keeps poppiong up when you touch it. the hardest button to press is the return button and this phone cramps my wrists typing this little message sure will miss my 9000

auto text format cut off hallf way through this paragraph sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 04:04 PM
    One more thing. Dude was clueless as to what memory or processor or screen any phone had. I don't think he even understands what those terms are.
    08-11-10 04:19 PM
    They are there to get a check and go home, they could care less about those things you speak of. That's why you always hafta do your homework and go in armed with information.
    08-11-10 04:22 PM
    Haha yeah it is pretty bad... Was in there last week, I love when they ask me if I want a phone they don't have and can't get!
    08-11-10 04:27 PM
    One more thing. Dude was clueless as to what memory or processor or screen any phone had. I don't think he even understands what those terms are.
    they are not techie nerds like us. this is their 9-5 job. they are not there to know about specs, they sell phones and plans. i don't know what you expect out of them.

if at&t didn't brief them on the streak, then it's not their fault. also if the streak is online-only, how does that have anything to do with them?
    08-11-10 04:44 PM
    they are not techie nerds like us. this is their 9-5 job. they are not there to know about specs, they sell phones and plans. i don't know what you expect out of them.

if at&t didn't brief them on the streak, then it's not their fault. also if the streak is online-only, how does that have anything to do with them?
    some people just like to find things to complain about...

i rather have a un-educated (on the product) rep than a lying one.
    08-11-10 04:47 PM

thats exactly right, they there for checks and then at home they don't wanna hear anything about phones...
    my son he's now 29 when he was 14-15 he use to work for Nathan's hot dog place, he worked there less then a year, so after 14 years past he still hates hot dogs.
    08-11-10 05:01 PM
    What does this have to do with the torch?
    08-11-10 05:07 PM
    What does this have to do with the torch?
    who you talking to ? me? did you read this thread from the beginning?
    no need to be rude.
    08-11-10 05:12 PM
    I have to agree with the above post. What does this have to do with the BB 9800. Seems like this thread belongs somewhere else, but not here.

Are you upset because the sales reps aren't as up on the details as you seem to be? It's cool that you know so much...why do you demand that they know? They're not there to educate you, they're there to facilitate your buying a phone...not try to out-techie you. Grow up!

If you don't like the 9800...don't buy it. If you don't like the sales reps...stay out of the store. Pretty simple.

08-11-10 06:16 PM
    I have to agree with the above post. What does this have to do with the BB 9800. Seems like this thread belongs somewhere else, but not here.

Are you upset because the sales reps aren't as up on the details as you seem to be? It's cool that you know so much...why do you demand that they know? They're not there to educate you, they're there to facilitate your buying a phone...not try to out-techie you. Grow up!

If you don't like the 9800...don't buy it. If you don't like the sales reps...stay out of the store. Pretty simple.

Pretty simple is if I ask someone at a Cell Phone Store which phones have the fastest processors or most memory they should be able to tell me.

This isn't 1990 when the only new thing on a phone that year is a color screen. Now a days these are like small computers. I would guess if I went to the Apple Store to buy a mac book (which I wouldn't do) they could tell me which ones had what features.

Furthermore, what if I am the average Joe wanting to jump into a smart phone, is it wrong to expect the place I am buying it from to be able to tell me what my options are?
    Last edited by kneeman; 08-12-10 at 12:25 AM.
    08-12-10 12:22 AM
    I don't think they are going to really be aware of the streak cause AT&T isn't even selling it. I think its only available through Dell, with or without plan. Plus, like someone said, they're there to sell phones and plans, hard to do when you tell them "oh you can go get the dell streak online so I make no money."
    08-12-10 02:50 AM
    Pretty simple is if I ask someone at a Cell Phone Store which phones have the fastest processors or most memory they should be able to tell me.

This isn't 1990 when the only new thing on a phone that year is a color screen. Now a days these are like small computers. I would guess if I went to the Apple Store to buy a mac book (which I wouldn't do) they could tell me which ones had what features.

Furthermore, what if I am the average Joe wanting to jump into a smart phone, is it wrong to expect the place I am buying it from to be able to tell me what my options are?
    like i said, they are there to sell phones with plans. they just want you to buy a smartphone, they don't care which one because you will end up getting the same plan and they will get the same commission.
    08-12-10 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD