I usually reboot in this fashion as to not wear out my batt cover clip, but are there things a battery pull does that a regular reboot?

I'm talking about a regular reboot to refresh os/apps, not the "I hope this fixes my phone" kinda reboot, obviously batt pull goes without saying with the latter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 05:22 PM
    95% of the time the alt+right shift+del will do the EXACT same as battery pull, but i have experienced a few devices where the alt+rightshift+del did not work and HAD to pull the battery to resolve the temporary issue. I see at least about 30 BB's a day at the job
    11-19-10 05:27 PM
    11-19-10 05:51 PM
    As far as I know it does the same thing, it's like pressing the reset button on ur PC as opposed to pulling the power cord out and plugging it back
    But there can be some instances where the device doesn't respond even to the 3-button combination, then the only thing u can do is to pull the battery out.
    11-19-10 06:22 PM
    for me the alt, shift, del do things a battery pull cant do. like if i read a txt or FB it will still say i have one left so if i use the buttons it goes away where as if i pull the battery it wont
    11-19-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD