Hi,
    I updated my torch to 448 at the weekend. I have had problems since the update with the bluetooth pairing with my Range Rover.
    Before the update, it was perfect. I would get in the car and it would already have paired.
    Now it's hit and miss as to whether it pairs at all. It says on the Torch screen, Range Rover failed.
    If I try to manually pair it, it does the same. Yet if I lock the car and attempt again, it will sometimes work. Sometimes not.

It's not a vehicle fault and it is only since I did the upgrade. It's looking like i will have to revert back to 246.
    If that's the case, where will i get 246 version from?

Any help appreciated.

Kev.
    02-21-11 12:24 PM
    Before you downgrade have you done a couple of battery pulls? If you have, then you can go to Blackberry.com and go to their Download page. ATT still has .246 as their official release. But have you tried using .337?
    kevshore likes this.
    02-21-11 12:32 PM
    Hi.
    I haven't tried .337. I must admit, I hadn't even thought of it. I will try a couple of battery pulls first and then decide what to do next.
    I'm new to all of this. it may be apparent.

Thanks for your help.

Kev.
    02-21-11 12:58 PM
    you want advice?

246 blows
    02-21-11 01:12 PM
    i agree with the guys above.. .246 has wayyyyyy too many bugs - it shouldn't even have been released on the torch, because, honestly, thats why the torch started out with some negative buzz about lagging and various issues.

.448 had issues with me and 3rd party apps.

.337 was ok, but i think it had some issues with the camera and the autofocus.
    .450 seems ok on mine now, though i think the battery was a little better in .337
    02-21-11 01:15 PM
    you want advice?

246 blows
    Ok, this is not advice. This is an opinion.

Advice would be, "Don't revert to 246 because 246 blows."

But it is a damn good opinion.

I'm having great luck with .450. It started out a little jittery, but each successive battery pull seems to stabilize it just a bit more, if that's possible. I'm seeing a lot of mixed comparisons between .448 and .450. I'd follow newcollector's advice (and huecobros's!) and try a couple of battery pulls first. One experienced user here suggests a new OS install requires at least three pulls before it dials itself in. If you're still having issues after another day or two, you might want to try 450. But don't go back to 246 ... your phone will hate you for it.
    02-21-11 01:28 PM
    I had 246, .337 after that went to .450 and yesterday I downgrade to official three UK .448 and I'm loading .450 again today its the best of all.

.448 only got me problem with everything browser, twitter, facebook this OS is not for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 01:38 PM
    Interesting reading. Thanks guys. I'll continue for a day or so and see how it goes.

Kev.
    02-21-11 01:52 PM
    i agree with the guys above.. .246 has wayyyyyy too many bugs - it shouldn't even have been released on the torch, because, honestly, thats why the torch started out with some negative buzz about lagging and various issues.

.448 had issues with me and 3rd party apps.

.337 was ok, but i think it had some issues with the camera and the autofocus.
    .450 seems ok on mine now, though i think the battery was a little better in .337
    Minor error here - It wasn't released in the U.S. with .246. The really bad one, to get the negative publicity, was .141.
    .246 was released in Oct. when the Torch revealed itself in Canada.
    Most people (that is the majority which have never even heard of Crackberry or ever considered updating their phone themselves) have .246 and are quite satisfied with it.
    OP - your decision to take the advice here, give it some time, is a good one. Even if it doesnt work out the bugs in a couple of days, try reinstalling .448 again. It may not have installed correctly the first time.
    02-21-11 03:42 PM
    My advice on going back to .246... Get your head checked!

.246 was really buggy. .337 fixed a bunch of those bugs, and .448 / .450 fixed more and improved battery life and boot time for a large number of users. Instead of reverting back, try .450 and see what you think.

02-21-11 04:04 PM
    My advice on going back to .246... Get your head checked!

.246 was really buggy. .337 fixed a bunch of those bugs, and .448 / .450 fixed more and improved battery life and boot time for a large number of users. Instead of reverting back, try .450 and see what you think.

It was not buggy for everybody.
    How many threads have you seen where .337, .448 and .450 have very different results for everyone? Really.
    02-21-11 04:20 PM
    Hi,
    I updated my torch to 448 at the weekend. I have had problems since the update with the bluetooth pairing with my Range Rover.
    Before the update, it was perfect. I would get in the car and it would already have paired.
    Now it's hit and miss as to whether it pairs at all. It says on the Torch screen, Range Rover failed.
    If I try to manually pair it, it does the same. Yet if I lock the car and attempt again, it will sometimes work. Sometimes not.

It's not a vehicle fault and it is only since I did the upgrade. It's looking like i will have to revert back to 246.
    If that's the case, where will i get 246 version from?

Any help appreciated.

Kev.
    I've had similar Bluetooth car connection dodginess since .337, that wasn't there on .246 and below. It didn't improve when I moved to .448. Since I have yet another issue that's developed with .448 (Facebook notifications inexplicably halting), I'm going to see if .450 helps.

I would agree that .246 wasn't exactly the best build, but it was far from unusable. If having a rock-solid Bluetooth connection in the car is of primary importance to you, it certainly wouldn't hurt to downgrade and give it a shot. You can always upgrade back again. You might want to try .450, though I don't know if that will fix the Bluetooth problem.

Edit: I forgot to mention, in response to your query, you can find all of the different leaked OS versions, including .246, here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/all...ically-561937/
    Last edited by JasW; 02-21-11 at 04:27 PM.
    02-21-11 04:23 PM
    if anything i'm finding it the opposite. .246 has been the most stable, least buggy OS i've used so far. .337 was alright, but it had some lag issues with opening programs and stuff, and .450 so far has the .337 issues plus some new photo issues of freezing every 3 pics lol .246 had none of those issues for me. but i'm willing to stick it out with .450 for at least a couple weeks and to see if it all gets wrinkled out in the end.

but to each their own.
    02-21-11 06:12 PM
    Strange! I was on.246. tried to upgrade to .337, and it wouldn't run, so downgraded to .246, which was solid, but slow. Updated to .448, and am very pleased; NO bluetooth problems, camera much improved, everything seems a little faster and smoother. I guess there's truth in the "your mileage may vary" acronym, since we all have slightly different requirements for our phones.
    02-21-11 07:32 PM
    you want advice?

246 blows
    It is this kind of abject stupidity that makes people not want to come here and ask questions.

Rather than this idiotic comment how about telling the OP why. My guess is you can't because you have no ******* clue what you are talking about.

Now, as to .246, ran that OS from the day I got my 9800 (Aug 2010) until 2 weeks ago and it was a very solid OS. No bugs, no lag, no performance issues, no app compatibility problems. In fact, the differences between .246 and .448 are not measurable or material.

02-21-11 09:35 PM
    I'm new to the Blackberry world and have reservations about changing/upgrading the OS, thus I've stuck with the original .246 that it came with. That being said, I haven't encountered problems/bugs that most seem to complain about. My main problem is that I got a faulty camera (I've seen other threads on this issue) and I don't think --from what I've read-- that upgrading or experimenting with a new OS will fix that issue.

Anyway, what are the problems you anti .246 club members speak of? I've read something about an SMS bug, but yet to have any issues with that as well...consider myself lucky I guess.
    02-21-11 10:24 PM
    Well after 6 battery pulls today and at least 8 fails to connect to my car, i think i'm going back to .246.
    I didn't have any issues at all with that previously.
    can someone tell me if this is the one I need to download and i assume it's it's the same process. (delete vendor) ??

Official OS 6.0.0.246 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 now available from AT&T | CrackBerry.com

Thanks again for any help given.

Kev.
    02-22-11 03:19 PM
    Kev, I forget, are you with AT&T. Regardless, just go to BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    Find your carrier, download the OS and load it.
    If you are loading an OS that is from your carrier then you do not need to delete the vendor file.
    02-22-11 03:35 PM
    Hi, thank you for the link. My phone was on vodafone, I had it unlocked to work with my Orange sim card. Am I correct in thinking that I still need to download the Vodafone software/

Kev.
    02-22-11 03:50 PM
    Hi, thank you for the link. My phone was on vodafone, I had it unlocked to work with my Orange sim card. Am I correct in thinking that I still need to download the Vodafone software/

Kev.
    any carrier OS will do, so long as you delete VENDOR.XML file. You cannot remove the carrieir picture at start up. Also, installing another carriers OS into your BB will not install carrier specific icons or pictures. As most of these are pushed over the air by some carriers like AT&T
    02-22-11 04:26 PM
    ^ ...like I said, if you are going to go with the current official release your carrier offers then you might as well get the right one.
    It doesn't matter but that's what I would do if I ever ran an official release from my carrier. I just don't recall the last time I did
    Kev is aware of the vendor file. He's not an update virgin, lol
    Kev you bring up an interesting question with regard to your phone being unlocked. My guess would be that you would use the Orange version.
    Like H says, if you're not sure then just remove the vendor file....again.
    02-22-11 05:21 PM
    Well, I've moved back to .246. I'll see if it's sorted the bluetooth problem out in about half an hour when I leave for work.
    I should know fairly straight away. I'll see how the day then goes and report back.

Kev.
    02-23-11 12:55 AM
    All you had to do was replace the bluetooth .cod file with the one from .246 without rolling back the entire os...
    homer1475 likes this.
    02-23-11 02:20 AM
    As Papped stated just build your own "hybrid" by using bbsak to replace the bluetooth cod from .246 while still running .448 or .450.
    02-23-11 05:53 AM
    Well, after a day of using it back on .246, it has worked perfectly again. Connected instantly for me everytime.
    That's very interesting what you say. So I could have .448 or .450 and still have bluetooth working ok?
    How confident are you both that that this would work and how difficult is it to do?
    I'm interested.

Kev.
    02-23-11 01:52 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD