Adobe said today that versions of its Flash player are headed for all of the major smartphone operating systems. When available, these will allow a wide range of mobile devices to use Flash-enabled websites.
    A statement released by the company says:
    Flash Player 10.1 is available on Android and Google TV today, with BlackBerry platform, HP webOS 2.0, future versions of Windows� Phone, LiMo, MeeGo, and Symbian OS also expected to support Flash Player 10.1.
    This software allows a web browser to fully make use of websites that use Flash for navigation, games, and showing video. As there are quite a few sites that are almost unusable without Flash support, consumers have been asking for this player for many years.
    Most models running Google's Android OS 2.2 already include this plug-in, and HP's newly released Palm Pre 2 does as well.
    Adobe did not say when it will release the versions for the BlackBerry OS, Microsoft's Windows Phone, the Symbian OS, or Nokia/Intel's MeeGo.
    Apple's CEO Steve Jobs has made it abundantly clear that iOS-based devices like the iPhone and iPod touch will never offer a Flash player. Instead, this company is throwing its support behind an open standard, HTML5.
    10-30-10 08:51 PM
    Hope so. The only browser I can view the navigation links on my employers website is the Uzard Browser on my 9650.
    10-30-10 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD