Hope someone has been down this road before me and can help.

Setup: Windows 7 on a PC; ACT! by Sage 2010, single user; I am about ready to buy a BlackBerry Torch (smart-phone newbie)

I want a 2-way sync the ACT! contact data to my BB Torch. JUST the contact data, not the sent emails or any of that stuff.
    I also want the Caller ID to work when someone calls me (want to see the ACT contact name in the screen!) and that shouldn't be too much to ask for.

I see there are lots of products people used in the past (companionlink; 123synch, HH contact) but I'm not interested in having my data "up on the cloud" or paying annual fees.

It seems like I should be able to just sync my ACT data through BBDTM and then out to the phone, right?

For some reason, all the ACT people tell me it doesn't work that easily, but they're all on older phones/older versions of DTM.

HELP! Can someone tell me how it works TODAY! :-)
    Thanks!
    02-10-11 02:43 PM
    Hope someone has been down this road before me and can help.

Setup: Windows 7 on a PC; ACT! by Sage 2010, single user; I am about ready to buy a BlackBerry Torch (smart-phone newbie)

I want a 2-way sync the ACT! contact data to my BB Torch. JUST the contact data, not the sent emails or any of that stuff.
    I also want the Caller ID to work when someone calls me (want to see the ACT contact name in the screen!) and that shouldn't be too much to ask for.

I see there are lots of products people used in the past (companionlink; 123synch, HH contact) but I'm not interested in having my data "up on the cloud" or paying annual fees.

It seems like I should be able to just sync my ACT data through BBDTM and then out to the phone, right?

For some reason, all the ACT people tell me it doesn't work that easily, but they're all on older phones/older versions of DTM.

HELP! Can someone tell me how it works TODAY! :-)
    Thanks!
    I use Act (not the 2010 version) and CompanionLink for my 9650. I don't pay an annual fee, but I also don't use their wireless sync function. I know there is a fee for that. If you just want to connect using the USB, the only cost is the original purchase.
    02-10-11 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD