Hi all,

The buttons surrounding the track pad on my Torch 9800 seem to be slowly coming loose; the buttons are so loose at the moment that they make the trackpad look like its recessed.

Does any one know how to replace these, I guess I can get replacements on eBay but I don�t know how to actually do it without removing the slider element which involves taking the whole phone apart.

Thanks
    04-04-11 06:07 AM
    Search how to dismantle a 9800 in YouTube. Should come up with some interesting results! .
    04-04-11 02:37 PM
    Search how to dismantle a 9800 in YouTube. Should come up with some interesting results! .
    +1

YouTube is your best bet. there are tons of videos on how to disassemble and reassemble the torch. try Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile for cheap spare parts.

If it is still under warranty, it might be better to bring it back, and swap it out?
    Last edited by Tbrenn; 04-04-11 at 02:51 PM. Reason: adding
    flipkc likes this.
    04-04-11 02:50 PM
    It looks like i have to take the entire phone apart so i think i will leave it, i got it on Ebay and RIM refuse to touch anything thats not direct from the shop or supplier.

Thanks for your help.
    04-07-11 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD