I love my Bold 9000, but I hate the memory leak on it. It's crazy to have to reboot the BB twice a day..

So I was thinking about a new device..I considered the 9700 but I'd like to use the new OS 6, and I don't like the OS 6 on the 9780..that's why my choice would be the Torch 9800.

I'd buy it used or refurbished for no more than 250 euro (new is more than 450..and I'm not going to pay that sum for ANY phone). Does it worth?

I heard that the CPU is weak..is that true? You feel it when you use it?

It will be a great problem the 9800 keyboard, coming from a great 9000 keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 09:40 AM
    I see you're on WIND mobile. None of the 9800 phones out there now support the AWS 3G bands used by WIND and T-Mo US. I'm using an AT&T branded 9800 with T-Mo US. I love, love, love it except for the fact I'm stuck on EDGE when I'm away from a hotspot (rare, but annoying nonetheless). If the rumors are true of T-Mo unveiling a 9810 in November, you might wait a while and see if you can get an unlocked T-Mo 9810 to use on WIND. Who knows, WIND might be secretly preparing a 9810 rollout of their own.
    10-21-11 11:00 AM
    It's Wind Italy, not Wind Mobile, I'm in Italy!

Wind Italy actually sells a 9800 and it works on their 3G network, as well as my Bold 9000!
    10-21-11 11:46 AM
    All I can tell u is that the 9800 is the best phone I had, I used to have a 9700 with OS 6 but ii got robbed, so I got the 9800 and I love this phone, recently I didn't like that much cuz I didn't knew that the AT&T bb theme sucked ***, it was really slowing my phone down, with an OS7ish theme, my phone goes way faster, I don't get lags at all and the browser is pretty fast, so I would highly recommend since price between this one and the newer OS7 devices are really high, this phone is awesome
    10-23-11 11:17 PM
    Main issues I see with the 9800, and I've had 3:
    The fact that I've had 3, for one - all with the same issue, screen going blank when slider closed.
    Typing in the bowl wasn't as nice as the bold keyboards (any).
    Sluggish responsiveness, with poor battery life.

Ignoring those, it was a nice phone - felt good in the hand, and had good call quality. I'd never use another one now that I've moved on to the 9900. That's my opinion though!

-Dirk
    10-26-11 02:12 PM
    Well but that is on ur torch... I have mine for almost a year now and I've had 0 issues with my torch 9800, I love it, well, only the time that I accidentaly putted my phone on my pocket full of sand so I had it cleaned, other than that, awesome phone, love it, obviously not as good as the 9900 but I think comparing the price and since new devices with BBX coming soon.... Worth the wait....
    10-26-11 03:57 PM
    I've had a 9700 for over 2 years. I've had my 9800 for 2 weeks now. I'd never go back. The touch screen responds better than my wife's iphone 3G. It's a top notch phone.
    10-26-11 08:33 PM
    its a good fone for wat ur looking for
    10-26-11 09:06 PM
    I have 1 year with my 9800 and I still loving it Last software is really fast
    11-01-11 09:57 PM
    Ok, I think I'll go with this 9800...

The only thing that worries me it's the sliding mechanism... it works hood? Is it 'shaky'?
    11-11-11 05:17 PM
    It works awesome, as long as u don't damage it or throw it or w/e, it works very well

11-11-11 05:29 PM
    Main issues I see with the 9800, and I've had 3:
    The fact that I've had 3, for one - all with the same issue, screen going blank when slider closed.
    Typing in the bowl wasn't as nice as the bold keyboards (any).
    Sluggish responsiveness, with poor battery life.

Ignoring those, it was a nice phone - felt good in the hand, and had good call quality. I'd never use another one now that I've moved on to the 9900. That's my opinion though!

-Dirk
    you must be streaming media from the web all day or watching videos all day, because I am a heavy user to say the least, I take the phone off charge at 7am, and by 12pm the phone is down to about 20% at the most, usually around 30% though. So i dunno whats going on for you, maybe you have a dud battery, and I find the keyboard almost as good as the other Bolds, just that it makes a clicky noise like the 8800. But I think you are definately extending the truth!
    11-12-11 03:47 AM
    I thought the battery on my 9800 was great. Definitely lasted me over a day with lots of use. I could confidently take it to a weekend away without taking the charger. The keyboard isn't as good as the 9000. But it's definitely good. Once u get over the possible wiggle in the screen you will be fine. It's a great phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-12-11 07:47 PM
    Get the 9810................

11-12-11 11:56 PM
    Get the 9810................
    I'd like, but we don't have the 9810 in Italy yet, I have to buy the new phone now!
    Oh, and the 9810 is gonna cost twice the price!
    Last edited by FrankCM; 11-13-11 at 02:56 AM.
    11-13-11 02:47 AM
    The Torch 9800 is best Blackberry I've had, I got it on December 2010 and I still use it. I have many apps working well on it, like Bloomberg Mobile, XE Currency, BeBuzz, Score Mobile, Score Mobile FC, Sports Illustrated, One Touch Flashlight, Money, BlackBerry Protect, BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry Bridge, Foursquare, Facebook, Twitter, XPRSS, WhatsApp, WeatherEye, FreeTips, CNBC Pro, Cloud Player, Linkedin, Crackberry, TuneIn Radio, and some more.
    Recently installed Shazam, Vlingo and DriveSafe.ly, and I can say Shazam works great on my Torch 9800, and still trying the other two.
    Cheers
    11-14-11 09:17 AM
    ok dude so accoding to what i read, im gonna give u a mini review, aight so i had my torch for half a year now and i had 0 problems with it, the slider mechanism works very very well, not a dowside there, the physical keyboard is pretty awesome, yeah every bold has its unique keyboard (bold series) that its awesome, its soft and it feels really good, but the torch keyboard is very very good, responds exellent and overall pretty good, u always have the touch keybard which is really nice, bout the battery, the battery is pretty decent, when i go to college, i take 30 mins-1 hour ride listening to music or watching south park and i stay there for like 3-6 hours a day, it last the whole day to me, even playing games in class,now about the 9810, i like it very much, its very smooth, just 1 downside, my friend got his torch 9810 in like 2-3 days ago, now his internal app storage is like 150 mb, now mine with over 15 apps installed is double as his, and my torch works really fast, really smooth, obviously not as smooth as 9810 but its above average and its pretty descent, so go ahead and buy the 9800, u wont regret, nice phone, and i never had trouble bout the screen turning black when slider close or any of that ****....
    11-14-11 10:06 AM
    Done! I just bought it... should arrive in two days!!!

Thanks for every opinion!

PS: ciabo... playing games in class? Shame on you!
    11-15-11 03:44 AM
    Writing from my new Torch! It's great, I love it!

Thanks for your opinions/quick review!

11-22-11 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD