Hi, a quick history. Had a Curve 8520 on Fido with a data plan. Removed data plan since I used almost none but did keep bbm service. Sold Curve and was using the HTC Desire with my Fido SIM and on the same plan. Now I've acquired an unlocked 9800 and simply transferred the same Fido SIM to Torch. I had a blackberrry email acct from Fido previously. Now I can't get the Torch to even connect to the server. ( I assume that means blackberrys server) My wifi and browser work just fine. Will I be able to access app world? Is it the lack of data plan that's the issue? Do I call Fido and have them resend the service books? The Torch was originally a Bell phone if that matters.

TIA

Mike
    05-12-11 12:48 AM
    No BIS, no app world.
    05-12-11 01:28 AM
    Without access to the BIS, App World will not function. Not even on WiFi. I know this as I did a Protect wipe and it completely nuked the BIS in my phone. So after the wipe and OS reload, App World couldn't connect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 03:37 AM
    I know that you can run BB app world on your pc, and hook your pc to your handheld and download apps directly to your phone that way...

BlackBerry - Download BlackBerry App World
    05-12-11 12:12 PM
    No BIS, no app world.
    +1. No bb specific data plan + a bis account = device's core apps, + most third party apps will not run...

You could look for an ota download for the app you want, and try loading it with bbsak, but even then, if the app requires a network connection, it will mostlikely not work...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD