Ok, as the antenna is located at the bottom as required now days and the bottom part extends to a considerable distance from the ear and brain, doesn't that make the 9800 the safest smartphone to use regarding radiation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 03:23 AM
    I don't think it is/will be one of the safest phones to use.

The 9700 also has its antenna at the bottom of the phone and that has one of the highest readings out there :
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 Can Cook Your Breakfast… | BerryReview.com
    and
    BlackBerrys Offer Some of the Highest Cellphone Radiation Levels | BerryReview.com
    08-06-10 03:44 AM

The 9700 also has its antenna at the bottom of the phone and that has one of the highest readings out there :
    and
    BlackBerrys Offer Some of the Highest Cellphone Radiation Levels | BerryReview.com
    Smartphone, not phone and we're talking about the 9800 not 9700.

08-06-10 03:54 AM

and

08-06-10 04:01 AM

You could always plough through the FCC docs and let us know if they substantiate your beliefs :
    https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...=%27L6ARCY70UW
    08-06-10 04:01 AM
    I actually switched to the 3gs based on super low SAR levels. Hated the phone and went back to the 9700. But yeah-- the radiation is ridiculous on this thing. And probably will be just as bad on the 9800. I'm considering my ip4 as my main phone-- it's much lower

08-06-10 04:29 AM
    Well, it also mentions the Storm was third best so we'll have to wait and see.

08-06-10 04:57 AM
    People that are concerned about the radiation off a cellular device are sadly misinformed. it's non-ionizing radiation, the power is not even enough to do anything, and even if it was your body would cool itself off quicker than it could heat, the bone of the skull is pretty thick, definitely thick enough to attenuate the radiation of the phone. also, they are finding the radiation given off of cellular phones could have a correlation to treating Alzheimer's.
    08-06-10 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD