9800 could be exclusive to Rogers when released in Canada...

MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories
    07-14-10 07:49 PM
    Read the article it is SOO full of rumour and non facts, they base it PURELY on the fact that Belus has the Storm, and when the 9000 came out it was exclusive to Rogers Both Cases it was Radio based, NOT exclusivity based

I saw the report and got excited then realized they are just generating traffic to their website, SHAME on mobilesyrup
    07-14-10 07:51 PM
    It means very little in Canada anyways. You could always buy the phone, unlock it, and use it on any of the major networks.
    07-14-10 08:13 PM
    Yeah. Totally right, but not subsidized. Anotherwords-- you'd pay full pop doing it in that manner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 04:52 AM
    I hope this rumor isn't true seeing that I'm with Bell and I work for them so I won't be switching to Rogers and giving up my monthly discount.
    Though I'm not due for a new phone for 2 yrs so I'd have to buy it outright no matter who gets it.

07-15-10 05:35 AM
    it even says rumor dude
    07-15-10 07:32 AM
    I hope this is just speculation and not a rumour. Generally, where there is smoke, there is fire. I read the same information on Softpedia, but the article didn't go into where the info came from. It would definately be a big mistake to launch the best new Blackberry ever on the carrier that is a distant third in market share across Canada.
    07-15-10 08:26 AM
    I hope this is just speculation and not a rumour. Generally, where there is smoke, there is fire. I read the same information on Softpedia, but the article didn't go into where the info came from. It would definately be a big mistake to launch the best new Blackberry ever on the carrier that is a distant third in market share across Canada.

WHERE did you get your numbers for market share?

From what I can find, which is limited
    Rogers has approximately 8 Million subscribers
    Bell has 7 Million
    Telus has 6.5 Million

Even if the numbers are 1 year out of date, that would Not put them in a distant 3rd, it would leverage them to be a close 3rd or second,

NOW the challenge IS that if launching with BELL, you probably launch with Telus as well, so you get 13.5 Million over 8 Million which would make more sense..
    07-15-10 09:26 AM
    Yeah. Totally right, but not subsidized. Anotherwords-- you'd pay full pop doing it in that manner.

A lot of those that did get subsidized BlackBerrys are (and this is just pure speculation on my part) stuck with Rogers for the time being anyways. In the past, they were the only carrier to have the highly popular 9000s and 8900s. As their contracts hit th 3 year mark, the 9800 should be available to them.

This is all based on rumours anyways. Who knows how it will play out...
    07-15-10 04:58 PM
    I know for a fact the 9800 will be coming out through Telus.. Can't confirm if Bell is getting it but it will not be Rogers exclusive.
    07-15-10 06:14 PM
    Well, hopefully if Telus gets it Bell will they share towers but I guess that's no guarantee we'll see it.

07-17-10 07:03 AM
    TELUS is getting it.
    07-17-10 10:00 AM
    Bell is getting this as well, I have no idea about release dates or exclusivtiy but ive seen it floating around the office.
    07-18-10 01:00 AM
    The MobileSyrup.com news link has been updated to reflect the following:

"UPDATE: After posting this we got several tips that this is in Bell and TELUS inventory."
    07-19-10 05:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD